Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 7, 2021
The San Jose Earthquakes announced last week that PayPal Park will be hosting a free event in which members of the local community can receive their COVID-19 vaccination. The event will run from 4-7:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 10, and will feature appearances from Oswaldo Alanis, Eduardo 'Chofis' Lopez, and Carlos Fierro.
The Quakes remained active through the international break. Midfielder Jackson Yueill represented the United States Men's National Team in the Concacaf Nations League Final Four, earning his 11th international cap and playing 83 minutes in a 1-0 semifinal victory over Honduras. The USMNT later defeated Mexico 3-2 in the Concacaf Nations League Final on Sunday night.
Defender Marcos Lopez remains on international duty with the Peru National Team. Lopez recorded his fifth international cap on Thursday, featuring as a substitute in a 3-0 defeat to Colombia as part of World Cup Qualifiers. Peru has one more match as part of World Cup qualifying (vs. Ecuador on June 8) before turning their attention to the Group Stage of Copa America 2021.
The Quakes are off for another week before traveling to Texas to feature in the first-ever MLS match at Q2 Stadium vs. Austin FC on Saturday, June 19. The match kicks off at 6:00 p.m. PT and will be broadcast nationally on UniMás, KNBR 1050 and 1370 KZSF.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 7, 2021
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 7, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Charlotte FC Announces Ryan Johnson as North America Scout - Charlotte FC
- LA Galaxy Announce Time Change for August 28 Away Match against LAFC - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Home Match against Crosstown Rival LA Galaxy - Los Angeles FC
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.