Earthquakes Receive Veteran Midfielder/Defender Wes Hart In Trade With Colorado Rapids
San Jose (Saturday, February 28, 2004) - The San Jose Earthquakes announced today that the club has acquired midfielder/defender Wes Hart from the Colorado Rapids in exchange for a conditional pick in the 2005 MLS SuperDraft.
Hart, 26, played four seasons in Colorado after joining the Rapids as the seventh player selected in the 2000 MLS SuperDraft out of the University of Washington.
"Wes is a wonderful addition to the Earthquakes," San Jose President and General Manager Alexi Lalas said. "We feel that he will help us because he is a quality player, and he will fit in with our team because he is a quality person."
Hart struggled with injuries in his first two seasons in the league, but recovered to play over 2,000 minutes for the Rapids in 2002 while playing all over the midfield and in defense and registering two assists. Hart continued to be a vital performer for the Rapids in 2003, starting all 29 games he appeared in, logging 2,623 minutes and two assists.
"I couldn't be more excited to be joining a first-class organization like the Earthquakes," Hart said. "I have heard nothing but good things about the organization and the coaching staff and I am really excited to get started."
Born in Hollister, CA, Hart has scored two goals and registered five assists in his four-year MLS career.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 28, 2004
- Burn Battles Back From 2-0 Deficit To Tie Dynamo Kiev 2-2 In La Manga Cup - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Receive Veteran Midfielder/Defender Wes Hart In Trade With Colorado Rapids - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Win Group and Move Into Semifinals at La Manga Cup With 2-1 Victory Over Stabaek - San Jose Earthquakes
- Crew home opener: 35 days and counting - Columbus Crew SC
- Vacas Double Powers MetroStars Past Bodø/Glimt 3-1 - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 20, 2019
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Named MLS Player of the Week
- Chris Wondolowski scores four goals to break all-time MLS record
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Breaks All-Time MLS Goals Record
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 13, 2019