Early Tie Goes Awry
BATTLE CREEK, MI - The Delaware Thunder struck for six unanswered goals, spanning the last two periods to break a 1-1 tie and defeat the Rumble Bees Friday night at The Rink Battle Creek, 7-1.
Marco Luciani scored the Rumble Bees lone goal on a late first period power play at the 15:21 mark to forge the deadlock before the Thunder erupted for three goals in the middle stanza and three more in the third period in 3:31 to complete the conquest.
Evgeny Demin scored a pair of goals and added one assist while linemates Anton Kalinin contributed a goal and two assists and Kristers Bormanis had 5-points on 1-goal and 4-assists.
After the Rumble Bees outshot the Thunder in the opening period with a club record 25-SOG; 25-13, Delaware proceeded to gain an emphatic advantage of 35-12 over the last two stanzas; 24-3 in period three.
Same two teams complete the extended five-games' series Saturday night at 7:35 pm at The Rink Battle Creek before the Rumble Bees wrap-up their 2019-20 home schedule Sunday in a 12:35 matinee affair against division rival Port Huron.
After Sunday, the Rumble Bees will play their last nine games on the road.
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2020
- Wolves Rally Comes Up Short - Watertown Wolves
- Enforcers Roll On, Put Up First Double Digit Score in Franchise History - Elmira Enforcers
- Puck Luck Burns Carolina As Columbus Takes Two Points - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Early Tie Goes Awry - Battle Creek Rumble Bees
- Dashers Come Roaring Back for 5-4 Win over Tricks - Danbury Hat Tricks
- Game Notes: Columbus at Carolina Week 20 - Carolina Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.