Eagles Trade Laferriere to Blainville-Boisbriand
SYDNEY - The Cape Breton Eagles have traded Mathias Laferrière (2000-06-27) to the Blainville-Boisbriand Aramada in exchange for Acadie-Bathurst's third round draft pick in 2021.
Laferrière was originally acquired by the Eagles from the Armada in the 2016-17 season. In three and a half seasons with the Eagles, Laferrière collected 174 points in 201 games for Cape Breton. Last season Laferrière notched 48 points in 40 games after returning from an injury sustained in the first game of the season.
Laferrière was drafted by the St. Louis Blues (round 6, 169) in the 2018 NHL entry draft, and has signed an entry level contact with the Blues organization. Permission has been obtained from the Blues for Laferrière to be loaned to the QMJHL until he attends NHL camp.
Laferrière's now former team are in action this evening as the Eagles visit the Acadie-Bathurst Titan at 7 PM.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from October 16, 2020
- Isles Trio of Over-Agers Propel them to Shutout over Moose - Charlottetown Islanders
- Eagles Fall 6-4 After Titan Rally in Bathurst - Cape Breton Eagles
- Eagles Trade Laferriere to Blainville-Boisbriand - Cape Breton Eagles
- Isles Go on the Hunt for Moose for First Time this Season - Charlottetown Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.