Eagles Sign Goaltender
WINDSOR, CO- The ColoradoEagles today announced the signing of goaltender Jeff Blair for the 2006-07 Central Hockey League season. Blair marks the fourth signing for Colorado this off-season.
The Kamloops, British Columbia native made 21 appearances with the Eagles in 2005-06 and earned a career-best winning percentage (.700) going 14-3-3. He also set a career high with a .925 save percentage, while posting 2.63 goals against average. From January 14 to February 18, Blair was 8-0-2 in a ten game stretch, which included a 3-0 shutout of the Corpus Christi Rayz.
On March 3 in Lubbock, the 5'10", 175-pound goaltender was injured in overtime of a 3-3 game and never returned to full strength. During the playoffs, Blair, 28 started in only two games and left the second game by re-aggravating his injury. In his two playoff starts he went 1-0, with a 2.37 GAA.
"We want to make sure we have the best goaltending in the league in 2006, and we feel by signing Jeff, he can be a big part of that," said Vice President and Head Coach Chris Stewart.
Prior to the trade from the Mudbugs, he appeared in 47 games in Bossier-Shreveport over two seasons going 29-11-7. Since his trade to the Bugs in 2003 from Odessa, he is 43-14-3 with a save percentage of over .920 and a goals against under 2.50. He turned pro in 1999 after four seasons in the Western Hockey League spending most of his time with the Seattle Thunderbirds. Jeff is entering his eighth season as a pro.
The back-to-back Governors' Cup Champion Colorado Eagles will begin their fourth season of play in October 2006. Colorado has been the winningest team in the Central Hockey League over the past three seasons compiling a 130-40-18 record, and has set the "AA" record for consecutive sellouts at 94 regular-season games and counting. For more information, call the Eagles office at (970) 686-SHOT.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from June 21, 2006
- Eagles Sign Goaltender - Colorado Eagles
- Ice Bats Open October 21 at Chaparral - Austin Ice Bats
- Cats to host Brahmas Appreciation Night - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Kings Make "Weis" Trade With Killer Bees - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Killer Bees Acquire Olauson; Home Opening Date Set - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Strome Adds Fire to Rage Roster - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Dearle Returns for 06-07 Season - Oklahoma City Blazers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Begins with $30,000 Donation to Three-Year Old Cancer Patient
- Eagles Re-Sign Wegwerth to AHL Two-Way Contract
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Davis, Tischke
- Eagles Ink Pair of Defensemen in Abt, Scheid
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Kicks off with Jersey Auction