Eagles Add NHL Experience with Forward Darryl Bootland
The Colorado Eagles, proud affiliate of the NHL's Calgary Flames and the Adirondack Flames of the AHL, announced Tuesday that they have signed forward Darryl Bootland for the 2014-15 season. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound forward is a former 8th round draft pick of the Colorado Avalanche in 2000. The Toronto, Ontario native played 32 games in the NHL with both the Detroit Red Wings and the New York Islanders, netting one goal, two assists and 85 penalty minutes during that time.
In addition, Bootland has amassed 168 points and 1,480 penalty minutes in 382 games in the AHL with the Grand Rapids Griffins, Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Portland Pirates and Manitoba Moose. Most recently, Bootland was instrumental in guiding the Allen Americans to back-to-back championships in the CHL in 2013 and 2014.
"Darryl is a veteran player who brings that rare combination of experience, scoring touch and toughness," said Eagles president and general manager Chris Stewart. "We expect him to be a major contributor for this club this season and I believe that the fans will love the way that he plays the game each and every night."
Bootland joins the Eagles with two seasons of ECHL experience already under his belt, having collected 108 points and 582 PIM's in 146 games with the Toledo Storm in 2002-03 and the Kalamazoo Wings during the 2009-10 and 2011-2012 campaigns. Bootland will now be re-united in Colorado with former teammate and current Eagles forward Trent Daavettila, with whom he played during his two seasons in Kalamazoo. In addition, Bootland also played alongside current Eagles assistant coach Aaron Schneekloth in the AHL when the two were part of the Griffins roster from 2002 to 2004.
"I'm really excited to come to the Eagles and to get the season started, coming here has really rejuvenated me," said Bootland. "My family and I have been trying to come to Colorado for a while and I'm thankful to Chris Stewart and Aaron Schneekloth for bringing me in here."
In total, Bootland comes to Colorado with 402 points and 2,683 penalty minutes in 734 professional games.
Colorado Eagles Season Tickets are on sale now! Reserve yours today with a $50 deposit by visiting ColoradoEagles.com or by calling 970-686-SHOT (7468). Stay tuned to ColoradoEagles.com for all the latest Eagles news.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 12, 2014
- Reign Announce Opening Weekend Festivities - Ontario Reign
- Reigning Team MVP Returns to Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- 2nd Leading Scorer Danick Paquette Re-Signs with Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Jackals Agree to Terms with Forward Ryan Rashid - Elmira Jackals
- Matt Macdonald Named Cyclones Head Coach - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fuel Announce Radio Agreement with CBS Sports 1430 - Indy Fuel
- Grizzlies Coach Branham to Travel to England for Hockey Camp - Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Add NHL Experience with Forward Darryl Bootland - Colorado Eagles
- Walleye Turn on the Lamp - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Agree to Terms with Forward Cam Reid - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Francouz Joins Czech Republic at 2019 IIHF World Championships
- Colorado's Playoff Run Ends in 5-2 Loss to Condors in Game Four
- Colorado Eagles Recall Forward Kale Kessy
- Eagles Announce Series of Transactions
- Bakersfield Takes 2-1 Series Lead with 5-2 Victory over Eagles