Eagles Add Amateur Defenseman Brett Thurston
WINDSOR, Colo.- The Colorado Eagles of the Central Hockey League announced today that the club has signed amateur Brett Thurston.
Thurston, a 6'0", 220-pound defenseman joins the Eagles having played for the University of Calgary the past three seasons. In 124 games with the Dinos, the 25-year old scored 34 points and added 126 penalty minutes. Prior to playing at the collegiate level, Thurston played for the Brandon Wheat Kings in the WHL for five seasons. He played in 292 games with the Wheat Kings totaling 12 goals, 60 assists and 408 penalty minutes.
The Eagles will play the Youngstown SteelHounds for three games this weekend Chevrolet Centre on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Colorado won their fourth consecutive Northwest Division title on Tuesday night when they defeated the Oklahoma City Blazers 6-1. Colorado has won the Northwest Division every season they have been in the CHL.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 14, 2007
- Scorpions Stomp Rayz And Clinch Playoff Birth - New Mexico Scorpions
- Rayz fall to Scorps but clinch home ice to begin playoffs - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Guerrera Posts Season-High 53 Saves in Rage Win Over Amarillo - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Ice Bats Have Faith With Two Weeks Left - Austin Ice Bats
- Laredo Bucks Weekly Update - Laredo Bucks
- Bucks Still #1 in CHL Coaches' Poll, Barely - CHL
- Eagles Add Amateur Defenseman Brett Thurston - Colorado Eagles
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bees add Seguin, waive Mathieu - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Cotton Kings Road Game Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.