Bees add Seguin, waive Mathieu
Hidalgo, Texas --- The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees today signed defenseman Phillipe Seguin and placed forward Maxime Mathieu on waivers.
Seguin (pronounced suh-GEEN) began the season with the Laredo Bucks and played 45 games for the defending CHL champions. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound native of Hudson, Quebec, posted five points (2-3-5) and was plus-5 before being traded to Tulsa on Feb. 12. He collected one assist and was minus-7 in nine games with the Oilers prior to his release on March 8.
Mathieu played in 39 games for the Bees, posting five points (2-3-5) and 138 PIM.
The Bees travel to Bossier-Shreveport this Friday night for a 7:05 p.m. matchup with the Mudbugs. Listen to the game live on ESPN Radio 1240 and killerbeehockey.com.
The Bees head back to Dodge Arena this Sunday at 4 p.m. for the last Time Warner/McDonalds Family Night against the Memphis RiverKings. Get four tickets and four McDonalds Extra Value Meal coupons for just $48, plus Scooby and Shaggy will be hand for pictures and autographs! For more information log on to killerbeehockey.com or call 956-843-7825.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 14, 2007
- Scorpions Stomp Rayz And Clinch Playoff Birth - New Mexico Scorpions
- Rayz fall to Scorps but clinch home ice to begin playoffs - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Guerrera Posts Season-High 53 Saves in Rage Win Over Amarillo - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Ice Bats Have Faith With Two Weeks Left - Austin Ice Bats
- Laredo Bucks Weekly Update - Laredo Bucks
- Bucks Still #1 in CHL Coaches' Poll, Barely - CHL
- Eagles Add Amateur Defenseman Brett Thurston - Colorado Eagles
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bees add Seguin, waive Mathieu - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Cotton Kings Road Game Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.