Drillers training camp report
BEAUMONT, TX Â– The Beaumont Drillers completed their second day of training camp inside the Sterling Pruitt Activities Center due to rain.
Despite working out on the hardwood, both sides of the ball worked out against each unit. Â“We got to see our offensive guys (receivers and backs) go up against our secondary,Â” said head coach Kyle Mackey. Â“Marc (Saldana, quarterback) looked very good. He was a lot sharper than I thought he would be at this point.Â”
Both Mackey and defensive coordinator Troy Esprit were once again impressed by the work of defensive back Phillip Mouzon. Â“Defensive end Anthony George is also showing some good work,Â” said Mackey. Â“I really think he is going to be a player.Â”
The Drillers will move training camp outside on Sat., Feb. 26 beginning at 10 a.m. on the football field at L.L. Melton YMCA in Beaumont.
The team is expected to make its first set of cuts after the practice on Saturday.
â€¢ Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from February 25, 2005
- Saturday practice for the Renegades - Rome Renegades
- Capitols Single Game Tickets Go On Sale February 28 - Lincoln Capitols
- Morays rally the FCAT - Miami Morays
- Partnership begins for NIFL: NFL to train, assign officials - Lakeland ThunderBolts
- Kreatures holding four camp sessions this weekend - Kissimmee Kreatures
- Kreatures holding two meet and greet events - Kissimmee Kreatures
- ThunderBolts single game tickets now available - Lakeland ThunderBolts
- SaturdayÂ’s Scrimmage Will Determine Final Roster - West Texas Roughnecks
- Drillers training camp report - Beaumont Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.