Drillers announce schedule changes
BEAUMONT, TX -- With the recent addition of the Dayton Warbirds, the National Indoor Football League has announced revised schedules throughout the league.
The Beaumont Drillers will now host the San Angelo Stampede on April 16 at Ford Arena, instead of the Cincinnati Marshals.
The Drillers will be off on May 22 instead of traveling to face Montgomery and will now travel to Montgomery on June 4 instead of playing at San Angelo.
The NIFL owners last week overwhelmingly approved the inclusion of the Dayton Warbirds for the 2005 season. This action was a result of the Dayton franchise being orphaned from their previous league. "The UIFA suspended operations in Dayton without a thought to the $66,000 worth of family's season ticket money and over $120,000 in corporate sponsorship support which was already spent and could never be refunded," said NIFL president Carolyn Shriver.
Shiver added, "NIFL team owners banded together to insure that the Dayton, Ohio families and the corporate community are not deprived of the great sport of indoor football that they paid for. NIFL owners and staffs are working tirelessly to provide the families that spent their dollars for season tickets and Dayton Corporate Sponsors with the product they paid for. The NIFL owners are receiving no financial support to provide that entertainment, only their "Love of the Game". Without a doubt, the NIFL is working hard to get this city saved from the disaster that was left on their doorstep."
2005 Remaining Schedule
April 9 @ Lubbock
April 16 v. San Angelo
April 23 BYE
April 30 @ Corpus Christi
May 9 v. SW Louisiana
May 14 v. Lubbock
May 22 BYE
May 28 @ SW Louisiana
June 4 @ Montgomery
June 11 v. Corpus Christi
June 17 v. Montgomery
June 25 @ Odessa
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from April 7, 2005
- Fan Favorite Buchanan Returns to the Shark Tank - Corpus Christi Hammerheads
- Former Oregon State Lineman, Lose, to fill void left by Schalls departure - Corpus Christi Hammerheads
- Lincoln Capitols Gear Up For Saturday game vs. Billings - Lincoln Capitols
- Renegades announce revised schedule - Rome Renegades
- Schedule Changes In Store For Morays - Miami Morays
- Drillers announce schedule changes - Beaumont Drillers
- Guard to battle Marshals - Fayetteville Guard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.