Dream Waives Guard Ivory Latta
Atlanta, June 3, 2009- The Atlanta Dream announced today the team has waived guard Ivory Latta. All teams must finalize their 11-player roster by Friday, June 5 at 3 p.m. EST.
"Ivory has been a great ambassador for the Dream, and our fans should be assured that this was not an easy decision for our staff to make," said Dream General Manager and Head Coach Marynell Meador. "With our numerous offseason additions and the new eleven-player roster limit, we had to make some tough decisions based on what our team needs. I know I speak for all Dream fans in thanking Ivory for her contributions to our team and our community, and we hope she continues to have a successful career in the WNBA."
Latta, a 5-6 guard, started 31 of 34 games for the Dream last season, averaging 11.4 points, 2.1 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game. Originally selected by the Detroit Shock with the eleventh overall pick in the 2007 draft, Latta was acquired by the Dream during the 2008 WNBA expansion draft and had the best year of her career, setting career highs in all major statistical categories. The third-year pro from the University of North Carolina led the Dream in assists and finished second in scoring in 2008. Latta played 10 minutes in the Dream's only pre-season game on May 27 against the Connecticut Sun, recording three points and two assists.
The Dream will tip off its second season on Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 7 p.m. against the Indiana Fever at Philips Arena. Tickets for Opening Night are still available, starting as low as $10. The first 10,000 fans will receive a Dream photo frame magnet courtesy of Comcast and MARTA. For more information and to purchase season tickets, fans can call 404.604.2626 or visit www.AtlantaDream.net. Single game tickets are on sale now and can be purchased by calling 1-877-WNBA-TIX, at AtlantaDream.net, at the Philips Arena box office and at all Ticketmaster outlets.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 3, 2009
- Mercury Adds Ketia Swanier To Roster - Phoenix Mercury
- Mercury Waives Bales, Brooks, Koehn - Phoenix Mercury
- Sun Claim Kiesha Brown Off Waivers - Connecticut Sun
- Dream Waives Guard Ivory Latta - Atlanta Dream
- GMs Identify Catchings Among WNBA's Best - Indiana Fever
- Survey Predicts LA Sparks Will WinThird WNBA Title - WNBA
- Don Zierden Steps Down as Minnesota Lynx Head Coach; - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Dream Stories
- Dream Look to Extend Streak to Six Games against New York Liberty Thursday
- Angel McCoughtry Selected to WNBA All-Star 2018
- Atlanta Look to Sweep Season Series with Connecticut Tuesday
- Jessica Breland Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Dream Look for Fourth Straight Win Sunday