'Dogs Edge AirHogs with Marin's First Homer
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Ivan Marin broke a tie in the 7th inning with his first homer of the year, and the Saltdogs beat the Texas AirHogs, 3-2, at Haymarket Park on Saturday night.
Marin clubbed a solo shot out to left field with one out in the 7th, and the 'Dogs have won three consecutive games for the first time since June 5-7.
The 'Dogs opened the scoring with a two-run 3rd inning. Cody Regis hit an RBI double to score Curt Smith from first, and Randolph Oduber added another run with a two-out single later in the inning.
The AirHogs tied it with Stewart Ijames's RBI single in the 4th, and Yang Jin drove in another run with two outs in the 4th before the go-ahead run was thrown out at the plate.
Shairon Martis tossed five innings and allowed two runs in his first home start of 2019. Tyler Anderson pitched two scoreless innings and got his second pro win, while Cam McVey went 1-2-3 in the 8th and Austin Boyle became the seventh different 'Dog to notch a save with a 1-2-3 9th.
Teodoro Martinez had a single in his second game with the 'Dogs, while Tyler Moore had his first multi-walk game since May 18.
Curt Smith went 2-for-4 with a double, and Oduber also had a multi-hit game. The Marin homer came off of Taylor Wright, who lost for a second time this season.
The 'Dogs now have a chance for their first sweep of 2019. First pitch time on Sunday is set for 5:05 p.m., with pregame coverage beginning at 4:35 p.m. on ESPN Lincoln 101.5 FM/1480 AM.
The Saltdogs are playing their 19th season in Lincoln. All ticket and promo information can be found at saltdogs.com, and follow the 'Dogs on Twitter/Instagram @saltdogsball.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 22, 2019
- Saints Hand RailCats Sixth Straight Loss with 4-3 Walk-Off Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Offense Comes Through in End, Get Walk-Off 4-3 Win over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- 'Dogs Edge AirHogs with Marin's First Homer - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Garcia Shuts Down the Birds as X's Take Game Two - Sioux City Explorers
- T-Bones Washed out Again - Kansas City T-Bones
- Railroaders and T-Bones Suspended - Cleburne Railroaders
- T-Bones Add Former Big Leaguer Chris Colabello - Kansas City T-Bones
- Birds Catcher Nieto Signs with Marlins - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Outlast Milkmen, Rain in 4-3 Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.