Dillas win 8-7
Amarillo, Texas - June 3, 2008 - The Amarillo Dillas came up with more ammunition as the Dillas won a late-inning shootout Tuesday against the Alexandria Aces 8-7 at the Dilla Villa. A bases-loaded, walk-off single by Josh Ashton gave the Dillas the win. The Aces came from behind to take the lead in the eighth. Down 3-2, Bryan Sabatella tied the game with a double that scored Palmer Karr, Jr. Sabatella later scored the go-ahead run on Madison Edwards' single to left. The Aces added two more runs in the top of the ninth to take a 6-3 lead into the bottom of the ninth. That is when the tables turned toward the Dillas' way. Jonathon Reynoso led the inning off with a single to left. After a Keith Brachold groundout moved Reynoso to second, Gary Schniedmiller walked to put runners on first and second. Danny Bravo then hit his second double of the game scoring both Reynoso and Schniedmiller and cutting the Aces' lead to just one run. After AJ Johnson struck out for the second out of the inning, Andrew Wong came through with a game-tying single that drove home Bravo. In the tenth, Luis Guance led the inning off with a single and was sacrificed to second by Edwards. Then, the Aces took the lead on Homy Ovalles' RBI-single to left to score Guance. The Dillas tied the game again in the bottom of the tenth thanks to a homer by Reynoso. After the Aces failed to score in the top of the 11th, the Dillas scored the game-winning run on a bases-loaded single by Ashton.
Next home game: Thursday June 5th vs. Edinburg. Budweiser Shirt Off Our Back Night, Toyota Tundra and Q93 Thirsty Thursday and Budweiser and Q93 Party on the Patio.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 3, 2008
- Dillas win 8-7 - Alexandria Aces
- Colts Win Second Straight in Edinburg, 4-2 - San Angelo Colts
- Coyotes Fall Short Once Again - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Broncos Come Up Short in Loss to Harlingen - Laredo Broncos
- Nunez Turns Tables on Broncos - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th