Dietz Wins Second Straight League Award
Following last week's 10 touchdown performance Louisville Fire quarterback Brett Dietz set and Arena Football (AFL & af2) record with 12 touchdown passes in the Fire's 86-66 win over Albany. Dietz's performance has earned him league honors for the second straight week being name Schutt Offensive Player of the Week.
Dietz's 12 touchdown passes broke the six-year old af2 mark of 11 set by Jon Nielsen of Arkansas on June 3, 2000. The AFL record is also 11 touchdown passes, a mark hit on three occasions in League history. Dietz also completed 23-of-31 passes for 314 yards and zero interceptions against the Conquest. The former Hanover Panther leads the af2 in passing touchdowns (71), completion percentage (71.5), pass efficiency (127.9) and total touchdowns (76). Dietz is currently on pace to throw 102 touchdown passes, which would break former Fire quarterback Matt Sauk's record of 99 in a season.
This is the fourth league award for the Fire this season, Lance Taylor was named US Army Ironman of the Week for week 6 and Rob Mager was Schutt Offensive Player of the Week for week 8.
The Fire will travel to Manchester this weekend for a divisional showdown with the Manchester Wolves Friday at 7:30 P.M. The game can be heard on 1080-AM or louisvillefirefootball.com.
The Fire will return home on July 8th for an ArenaCup rematch with the Memphis Xplorers at 7:00 P.M. in Freedom Hall. Tickets can be purchased at louisvillefirefootball.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 21, 2006
- Xplorers assigned lineman - Memphis Xplorers
- Blitz Announce Beat the Heat Ticket Giveaway - Bakersfield Blitz
- Everett Hawks game notes - Everett Hawks
- Albany Visits Washington For First Match-Up With Spokane - Albany Firebirds
- Wolves find treasure in reading - Manchester Wolves
- The Fire Wire - Louisville Fire
- The "Clown Prince of Baseball" Comes Indoors Saturday Night - Green Bay Blizzard
- Florida reclaims top spot in week 13 coaches poll - af2
- Team Recognition Banquet Date Set - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Dietz Wins Second Straight League Award - Louisville Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.