Denver Outlaws Lose 16-13 to Boston Cannons
DENVER - The Denver Outlaws (6-3) lost 16-13 to the Boston Cannons (6-3) on Saturday at Broncos Stadium at Mile High. The loss drops Denver to second place in the league standings as Boston holds a +2 goal differential in the teams' season series that is now tied at 1-1.
Rookie attackman Ryan Lee (5 goals, 1 assist) was the Outlaws' leading scorer with a career-high-tying six points. Attackmen John Grant Jr. and Brendan Kavanagh both totaled three points in the game, and faceoff specialist Max Adler won 18-of-31 faceoffs.
Goalie Dillon Ward was pulled in the first quarter after conceding goals on the Cannnons' first seven shots of the game. He was replaced in net by second-year goalie Christian Knight who totaled six saves on 15 shots.
Boston opened the game with a 5-0 scoring run and led 8-4 at the end of the first half. Denver cut the deficit to two late in the third quarter, but ultimately could not overcome its slow start and never led in the game.
The Outlaws will look to end their two game slide next Saturday in Annapolis, Md., against the Chesapeake Bayhawks. The game will face off at 4 p.m. MDT and be televised live on Altitude2 and the Lax Sports Network.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from August 3, 2019
- Heacock Nets Single Game Career-High Six Goals to Lift Chesapeake Past New York, 11-9 - Chesapeake Bayhawks
- Rattlers Beat Blaze to Extend Winning Streak - Dallas Rattlers
- Denver Outlaws Lose 16-13 to Boston Cannons - Denver Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Outlaws Stories
- Denver Outlaws Fall 11-10 to Chesapeake BayHawks
- Denver Outlaws to Host Chesapeake BayHawks on Saturday with Opportunity to Secure No. 1 Seed in Playoffs
- Denver Outlaws Clinch Postseason Berth with 15-12 Win over New York Lizards
- Outlaws to Face off against Lizards on Saturday Night with Chance to Clinch Postseason Berth
- Outlaws Dominate Cannons 22-9, Move into Tie Atop MLL Standings