Denver Outlaws Lose 13-11 to Chesapeake BayHawks in Final Game of the Regular Season
DENVER - The Denver Outlaws (9-7) lost 13-11 to the Chesapeake Bayhawks (10-6) on Friday night in Annapolis, Md., in the team's final game of the regular season. Denver will enter the postseason as either the No. 2 or No. 3 seed depending on results from tomorrow's games around the league.
MLL Championship Weekend will be hosted in Denver this season for the first time in the league's 19-year history. The two semifinals games will be played on Friday, Oct. 4, at the University of Denver's Peter Barton Stadium, and the championship game will be played on Sunday, Oct. 6, at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. All three games will be nationally televised live on ESPN2.
Denver led 3-1 early in Friday's game but would not hold another lead after the 2:19 mark of the first quarter. The Bayhawks held a 6-5 lead at the half, and opened the third quarter with a 4-0 scoring run to open up a 10-5 advantage. The Outlaws used a pair of two-point goals in the fourth quarter to make it a two-point game, but ultimately saw their comeback fall short.
Making his first career start, second-year goalie Christian Knight recorded eight saves on 20 shots. Rookie attackman Kyle Marr led the Outlaws with five points (3 goals, 1 2pt. goal, 1 assist) and defenseman Andrew Newbold totaled four points (2 goals, 1 2pt. goal, 1 assist). In his MLL debut, first-year attackman Kohta Kurashima became the first ever Japanese-born player to score a goal in an MLL game.
Photos from Friday's game are available for media use at majorleaguelacrosse.com with the password MLL2019.
Denver Outlaws Year-by-Year Results
Year Record Result
2006* 10-2 Lost Championship
2007* 7-5 Lost Semifinal
2008* 8-4 Lost Championship
2009* 9-3 Lost Championship
2010* 8-4 Lost Semifinal
2011* 7-5 Lost Semifinal
2012* 11-3 Lost Championship
2013* 14-0 Lost Semifinal
2014* 9-5 Won Championship
2015 7-7 Missed Playoffs
2016* 8-6 Won Championship
2017* 9-5 Lost Championship
2018* 8-6 Won Championship
2019* 9-7 TBD
*denotes postseason berth
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from September 20, 2019
- Denver Outlaws Lose 13-11 to Chesapeake BayHawks in Final Game of the Regular Season - Denver Outlaws
- Three Teams Battle for The One Seed in Regular Season Finales - MLL
- Blaze Face Lizards in Regular Season Finale - Atlanta Blaze
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Outlaws Stories
- Denver Outlaws Fall 10-9 to Chesapeake BayHawks in MLL Championship Game
- Denver Outlaws Head Coach Tony Seaman Named MLL Coach of the Year
- Denver Outlaws to Face Chesapeake BayHawks in MLL Championship Game on Sunday
- Denver Outlaws Defeat Boston Cannons 17-15 to Earn Fourth Consecutive Championship Appearance
- Denver Outlaws to Play at Peter Barton Stadium in Major League Lacrosse Semifinals on Friday