Denver Outlaws Fall in Week 8
The Denver Outlaws (2-5) dropped a 19-16 decision to the Florida Launch (1-6) in the first of two meetings between the two teams during the 2016 regular season.
The Outlaws had seven players score at least one goal and, for the sixth time in seven games, Denver had at least three players record a hat trick.
In his MLL debut, midfielder Matt Kavanagh led the Outlaws with four goals and midfielder Drew Snider and attackman Wes Berg each scored three.
Despite scores from five different players, including a first half hat trick from midfielder Snider, and a dominant 13-19 performance at the x from midfielder Tom Kelly, the Outlaws entered halftime facing an 11-7 deficit.
The Outlaws struck first in the second half on attackman Michael Bocklet's second goal of the day and outscored the Launch 6-5 in the third quarter. Kavanagh powered the Denver attack to open the second half in his MLL debut, netting a hat trick in the third quarter. The Outlaws entered the final quarter facing a 16-13 hole.
Kavanagh and midfielder Jeremy Sieverts scored the first two goals of the fourth to cut the Florida lead to 16-15, but the Launch scored three of the final four goals in the game to defeat the Outlaws 19-16.
The Outlaws return to action next Saturday, June 18 at 7:30 p.m. MDT as they take on the Rochester Rattlers in the first game of a four game home stand.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from June 11, 2016
- Denver Outlaws Fall in Week 8 - Denver Outlaws
- Launch Wrangle Outlaws for First Win - Florida Launch
- Blaze Falls to Lizards in Impressive Overtime Performance - Atlanta Blaze
- Chanenchuk Paces Hounds to 17-14 Victory in Boston - Charlotte Hounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Outlaws Stories
- Denver Outlaws Lose 24-22 to Chesapeake BayHawks in Back-and-Forth Game on Sunday
- Denver Outlaws to Honor Mothers During Sunday's 'Real Men Weak Pink' Game against Chesapeake
- Denver Outlaws Acquire Attackman Kylor Bellistri in Trade with Boston Cannons
- Denver Outlaws Lose 16-7 to Florida Launch in Second Game of Weekend Doubleheader
- Denver Outlaws to Face Florida Launch on Sunday in Second Game of Weekend Double-Header