Denver Outlaws Fall 10-9 to Chesapeake BayHawks in MLL Championship Game
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. - The Denver Outlaws fell 10-9 to the Chesapeake Bayhawks in the Major League Lacrosse Championship Game on Sunday at Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colo.
Attackmen Ryan Lee (3 goals) and John Grant Jr. (1 goal, 2 assists) led the Outlaws with three points apiece. Goalie Dillon Ward made 11 saves on 21 shots and allowed just two second-half goals.
Chesapeake dominated the first half, leading 5-1 at the end of the first quarter and 8-3 at halftime. The Outlaws defense answered with a shutout third quarter as Denver cut the Bayhawks lead to 8-5 heading into the fourth.
Denver scored four consecutive goals to take a 9-8 lead with 7:52 remaining in the game, a lead it held until the 2:15 mark. Bayhawks attackman Andrew Kew scored the game-winning goal with 1:11 remaining to secure Chesapeake's sixth MLL title.
Announced attendance for Sunday's game was 6,374.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from October 6, 2019
- Chesapeake BayHawks Claim Sixth Major League Lacrosse Title - Chesapeake Bayhawks
- BayHawks Win 2019 MLL Championship - MLL
- Denver Outlaws Fall 10-9 to Chesapeake BayHawks in MLL Championship Game - Denver Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Outlaws Stories
- Denver Outlaws Announce 2020 Schedule
- Denver Outlaws Name Matt Bocklet as Team President
- From Singapore to Denver: Tim Barber's Journey to Professional Lacrosse
- Breaking Barriers: How Kai Iwamoto Became the First MLL Player from Japan
- MLL Spotlight: John Grant Jr.