Denver Cutthroats Will See Tulsa Oilers in First Round of Playoffs
Tulsa - The Denver Cutthroats and Tulsa Oilers played their final game of the 2013-14 regular season on Sunday, March 30 at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The Cutthroats netminder John Griggs stopped 18 of 18 shots on goal for his second shutout on the season and helped to seal his team's 2-0 victory over the Oilers.
After a scoreless opening frame, Matt Glasser (Steve Kaunisto, Dan Barczuk) fired the puck to put the Cutthroats up 1-0 over the Oilers.
At the 7:33 mark in the third period, A.J. Gale (Garett Bembridge, Troy Schwab) took a shot from the top of the crease to seal the Denver Cutthroats 2-0 victory over the Tulsa Oilers. Sunday night's shutout, marked the Cutthroats 38th overall win and 16th on the road. At the end of the 66-game regular season, Denver's record stands at 38-17-11.
The Denver Cutthroats will play the first two Playoff games in Tulsa, Oklahoma due to the Tulsa Oilers building complications. Denver and Tulsa will face off on Friday, April 4 at 7:35 PM and Saturday, April 5 at 7:35 PM at the BOK Center. The Cutthroats will return to the Denver Coliseum to host the Oilers on Wednesday, April 9 at 7:00 PM, Friday, April 11 at 7:00 PM and Saturday, April 12 at 6:00 PM. If the Playoff series should go into a sixth or seventh round, the first of the games will be played on Tuesday, April 15 (7:05 PM) in Tulsa, Oklahoma and the second on Thursday, April 17 (7:00 PM) in Denver, Colorado.
For ticket information, visit DenverCutthroats.com. Playoff dates and times are subject to change.
Three Stars :
1. John Griggs (DEN)
2. A.J. Gale (DEN)
3. Matt Glasser (DEN)
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2014
- CHL Presidents' Cup Playoff Schedules Set - CHL
- Oilers Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- Denver Cutthroats Will See Tulsa Oilers in First Round of Playoffs - Denver Cutthroats
- 5,218 Watch Mallards Close Regular Season with Fourth Straight Win - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Finish Regular Season with Franchise Record - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tulsa Falls to Denver in Finale, Locks up Seven Seed for Playoffs - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Open Post-Season Wednesday Night against Brampton - Allen Americans
- Rush Lose Regular Season Finale in Overtime, 3-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Tulsa Oilers to Host Playoff Press Conference Monday, March 31 at 1:00pm - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs' Post-Season Schedule Announced - Arizona Sundogs
- Third Period Goals Lift Sundogs to 5-3 Win - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Lose Final Regular Season Contest in Arizona - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster