Denny Bentley joins Kernels from Elizabethton
Cedar Rapids, IA - The Cedar Rapids Kernels and Minnesota Twins announce that LHP Denny Bently has joined the Kernels from Elizabethton and LHP J.T. Perez has been assigned to the Elizabethton roster. Brian Maloney, Senior Manager of Minor League Operations, announced the moves.
The Twins selected Bentley in the 33rd round of the 2018 First Year Player Draft out of Howard (TX) JC. He made 19 relief appearances at Elizabethton, posting a 2-3 record, 4.38 ERA and was 2-2 in saves. In 37 IP, he allowed 35 hits and 23 runs (18 earned) with 13 walks and 41 strikeouts.
Perez made 18 relief appearances for the Kernels this season, posting a 3-2 record, 3.56 ERA and one save. In 30.1 IP, he allowed 30 hits and 18 runs (12 earned) with 15 walks and 26 strikeouts. He was selected by the Twins in the 29th round of the 2018 First Year Player Draft out of the University of Cincinnati.
Bentley is active and available for tonight's 6:35 PM playoff game vs. Quad Cities. With today's transactions, the Kernels roster remains at the MWL maximum of 25 active players, with six players currently on the injured list.
The Kernels begin the 2019 MWL Playoffs tonight at 6:35 PM, hosting the Quad Cities River Bandits in a best-of-three series. Games 2 and 3 (if necessary) will be in Davenport.
Chris Kleinhans-Schulz and Morgan Hawk you all of the play-by-play on the radio home of Kernels baseball, 1450 KMRY AM and 93.1 KMRY FM. Fans may listen on-line at www.kmryradio.com, or www.kernels.com. Fans may also stream all 70 Kernels home game and selected road games via a MiLB.TV subscription. Visit www.milb.com for MiLB.TV subscription information.
Tickets may be purchased on-line at www.kernels.com, or by calling the Kernels Ticket Office at 896-7560. Ticket office hours are 10 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from September 4, 2019
- Loons Coming Home with Series Advantage - Great Lakes Loons
- Captains Drop Playoff Opener to Loons - Lake County Captains
- River Bandits Open Posteason with 4-1 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Clinton Takes Playoff Opener - Kane County Cougars
- Cedar Rapids Falls in Postseason Opener - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Game Notes: MWL Quarterfinals Game 1 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Denny Bentley joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cedar Rapids Kernels Stories
- Kernels 2020 Season Canceled
- Nick Adenhart Scholarships Awarded to two Eastern Iowa High School Graduates
- Adenhart Scholarship Deadline Approaches
- Kernels Seeking Nominations for Third Annual Kid Heroes Recognition
- Veterans Memorial Stadium Closes for 4 Weeks