Defenseman Purves Re-Signs with Bandits
BUFFALO, NY (November 13, 2012) --- Buffalo Bandits General Manager Steve Dietrich today announced that the Bandits have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with defenseman Jimmy Purves.
"Jim has developed into a solid defender and transition player over the last couple of years," Dietrich said. "We are looking for him to continue that development and become one of the leaders on our defensive end."
Selected by the Bandits in the fifth round of the 2010 NLL Entry Draft, Purves (6'0", 185 lbs. 11/10/90) spent most of the 2011 season on the team's practice squad before earning a full-time role with the team in 2012. He appeared in 12 games for the Bandits in 2012, registering seven points (4+3) and 41 loose balls.
"I'm very excited to be back with the Bandits for another season," Purves said. "I made the trip down to see all the rookies at camp this weekend and was really impressed with the talent coming in this year. There are going to be a lot of new faces this year in 'Banditland' and I'm excited to get to camp, meet all the new players and get ready for the Bandits to have a bounce back season."
The Bandits also announced that they have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with Dhane Smith, the fifth overall pick in the 2012 NLL Entry Draft. Smith led all Ontario Junior "A" players with 107 points (38+69) in 19 games last season.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from November 13, 2012
- Knighthawks to Add Local Flavor to Roster for Montreal Preseason Game - Rochester Knighthawks
- Minnesota Swarm Re-Sign Earl, Smith; Agree to Deal with Rookie - Minnesota Swarm
- Lacrosse Day in Scarborough - Toronto Rock
- Defenseman Purves Re-Signs with Bandits - Buffalo Bandits
- Farthing Goes from One Champion to Another - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.