Defending IFL Champion WR Shelby Joins Tucson
TUCSON - The Tucson Sugar Skulls have signed wide receiver Kent Shelby for the 2021 Indoor Football League season.
WR Kent Shelby (6'3", 210, McNeese State University) joins the Sugar Skulls for his first season with the team and his second in the IFL. Shelby spent his rookie year in the IFL as a member of the 2019 United Bowl Champion Sioux Falls Storm. Shelby played a key role in the team's championship-winning performance, making two touchdown receptions in the United Bowl. Across 11 regular season games, Shelby racked up 518 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns for the Storm. Coming out of 2019 Shelby earned a contract with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.
The Lake Charles, LA native spent a four-year college career at McNeese State University, where he became one of the school's most accomplished receivers of all time. Shelby finished his college career with 129 receptions for 1,910 yards and 14 touchdowns, ranking fourth, fifth and sixth in school history, in those three respective categories. Coming out of college, Shelby signed with the Los Angeles Chargers as an undrafted free agent in 2018 and participated in the team's rookie mini-camp.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from February 16, 2021
- Defending IFL Champion WR Shelby Joins Tucson - Tucson Sugar Skulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Sugar Skulls Stories
- Second-Year WR Frank Brown Signs with Tucson
- Former NFL First Round DD Elam Signs with Tucson
- Victis Health Signs Partnership with Sugar Skulls
- Proactive to Become Sugar Skulls' Physical Therapy Partner
- CW Tuson to Remain Broadcast Television Home of the Sugar Skulls