Dante Absher Remains in the Nest
Montreal - The Montreal Alouettes announced on Wednesday that the club has signed American receiver Dante Absher to a new one year deal.
Absher (6'3", 180 lbs.) caught five passes for 90 yards in five games, including three as a starter, in 2021. The 28-year-old also returned five punts for 34 yards.
"We are happy that Dante is returning in 2022. On top of being talented, he demonstrates great character, which is really appreciated in the locker room. He will be called upon even more next season and we know that he will positively respond to having more responsibilities," declared Alouettes General Manager Danny Maciocia.
In two seasons with the Alouettes, the former Glenville State College Pioneer made 13 catches for 174 yards and one touchdown in seven games.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 26, 2022
- RedBlacks Release DeVonte Dedmon to Pursue NFL Opportunity - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Elks Add Several Big Names - Edmonton Elks
- Stamps Sign All-Star Kamar Jorden - Calgary Stampeders
- Dante Absher Remains in the Nest - Montreal Alouettes
- Argonauts Sign American WR Roberson Jr. - Toronto Argonauts
- Blue Bombers Sign Olumba - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.