Dallas Wings, Dallas Mavericks, Mavs Gaming and Texas Legends Continue Count It Coalition
(DALLAS) - During last year's pivotal election season, the Dallas Wings (WNBA), Dallas Mavericks (NBA), Texas Legends (G League), and Mavs Gaming (NBA 2K) formed the Count It Coalition, a nonpartisan coalition of North Texas professional basketball teams committed to promoting local and national civic engagement, raising awareness, and increasing DFW voter access and participation. This year, they have continued their combined efforts to push voter registration and participation for the upcoming November 2 election.
"The Dallas Wings will continue to promote the importance of civic engagement through educational resources and community activations, we look forward to our continued participation in the Count It Coalition with the Dallas Mavericks, Mavs Gaming, and Texas Legends," Dallas Wings President and CEO Greg Bibb stated. "Our combined efforts demonstrate teamwork on a universal issue that impacts everyone daily. Voting is a vital, meaningful way to express yourself and support the issues that impact our communities. As we approach the local elections, we encourage everyone to remain engaged and empowered as they amplify their voices at the polls on Election Day and beyond."
With the help of partners, March to the Polls and volunteer deputy registrars, the Count It Coalition supported voter registration events throughout DFW, including:
- Saturday, September 25: The Dallas Mavericks, along with Dallas County Elections Department, March to the Polls, MOVE Texas and League of Women Voters, supported a Voter Registration Fair at Klyde Warren Park.
- Tuesday, September 28: In recognition of National Voter's Registration Day, the Dallas Mavericks provided support for a Dallas County voting event at their headquarters. The Legends hosted a Voter Registration Drive at the Comerica Center, where they registered voters in Collin, Denton, and surrounding counties. The Wings hosted a Voter Registration Drive on the campus of the University of Texas-Arlington in partnership with the Zeta Chi chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. The drive focused on registering student and first-time voters to allow this specific demographic to amplify their voices at the polls and upcoming local elections.
"We are thrilled to continue our partnership with the Wings, the Legends and Mavs Gaming to carry forward the Count It Coalition. We can't lose the momentum of our civic participation and encourage everyone to get out and vote," Dallas Mavericks CEO Cynt Marshall said. "Our workplace promise at the Mavs is every voice matters. And everybody belongs. This is truly about every voice matters, because your vote is your voice."
"Voting goes beyond a civic duty," said Legends President Malcolm Farmer. "It's a right and a privilege that we want to make sure everyone has access to. Our goal is to provide education, access, and resources to all, and it's a pleasure to join forces with our Dallas basketball family to do so."
Each team in the Count It Coalition will continue to promote civic engagement and education through online hubs featuring non-partisan information on voting procedures, locations, candidates, ballots and other resources in their respective counties.
Digital campaigns and PSAs will encourage fans to be informed and educated before they vote, as well as to develop a plan for how they will vote.
Dallas Mavericks: mavs.com/vote
Texas Legends: texlegends.com/vote
Dallas Wings: wings.wnba.com/vote
"Vote for a better tomorrow with us," said Director of Mavs Gaming Becca Brown. "Mavs Gaming is committed to raising voters' awareness throughout our DFW metroplex, and Esports community via the Mavs Gaming platform of players, coaches and staff.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from November 1, 2021
- Connecticut Sun Holiday Memorabilia Fair November 20 - Connecticut Sun
- Dallas Wings, Dallas Mavericks, Mavs Gaming and Texas Legends Continue Count It Coalition - Dallas Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.