D-Fenders Claim Game One of NBA D-League Finals
EL SEGUNDO, CA - The Los Angeles D-Fenders defeated the Austin Toros 109-101 in overtime on Tuesday night in Game One of the 2012 NBA Development League Finals presented by BBVA.
Down by five points with less than two minutes remaining in the fourth quarter, Elijah Millsap drilled a three-pointer and later nailed a pair of free throws to tie the game at 93. After a series of defensive possessions, the D-Fenders (1-0) forced the game into overtime. The D-Fenders then used an 8-0 run to begin the overtime and outscored the Toros 16-8 in the final frame to help secure the victory.
Millsap finished with a game-high 33 points (8-17 FG), including an NBA D-League Finals record 15 free throws made, and 10 rebounds while Malcom Thomas scored 21 points and pulled down an NBA D-League Finals record 25 rebounds. In total, the D-Fenders pulled down 62 rebounds on the night, the second most rebounds in postseason history.
Additionally, Mardy Collins tallied 16 points to go with three steals, and Orien Greene registered 12 points, six rebounds and tied an NBA D-League Finals record with six steals for the D-Fenders in the victory.
Austin (0-1) saw five players score in double-figures, led by Terrance Woodbury (23 points, 11 rebounds), Justin Dentmon (18 points, 6 assists), and Julian Wright (17 points, 3 blocks). Meanwhile, Cory Joseph pitched in 14 points along with eight assists, Cardell Johnson recorded 12 points, and Ronald Murray scored 11 points and grabbed 8 rebounds at Cedar Park Center.
The D-Fenders and Toros next play in Game Two of the best-of-three series on Thursday, Apr. 26 at Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 pm PT. For questions about tickets or to order, contact Nima Behboodi at 310-426-6043 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 24, 2012
- D-Fenders Claim Game One of NBA D-League Finals - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Los Angeles Defeats Austin, 109-101, in Overtime of Game One of NBA Development League Finals - G League
- Sixers Sign Maine's Xavier Silas for Remainder of Season - Maine Red Claws
- Maine's Xavier Silas Signs with Philadelphia 76ers - G League
- Hannah Named NBA Development League Defensive Player of the Year - Dakota Wizards
- Dakota's Stefhon Hannah Named NBA Development League Defensive Player of the Year - G League
- NBA D-League Update - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt