D.C. United Draw 0-0 with Montreal at Audi Field
2019 MLS Regular Season
April 9, 2019 - Audi Field, Washington, DC.
Bill Hamid made his fourth shutout of 2019; he made one save during the match.
Zoltán Stieber and Ulises Segura made their first starts of 2019.
Akeem Ward made the 18-man roster for D.C. United for the first time in his career.
Wayne Rooney was suspended for the match after getting sent off against LAFC on April 6.
The Black-and-Red are 6-5-7 against Montreal all-time.
United are 1-0-1 against Montreal at Audi Field.
The Black-and-Red recorded their fourth shutout of 2019.
United played their first MLS Regular Season on a Tuesday in club history.
Goals by Half
D.C. United Lineup:
Bill Hamid; Chris McCann (Lucas Rodríguez 56'), Steven Birnbaum (c), Frédéric Brillant, Leonardo Jara (Jalen Robinson 90'); Júnior Moreno, Russell Canouse; Paul Arriola, Luciano Acosta, Zoltán Stieber (Quincy Amarikwa 64'); Ulises Segura
Unused Substitutes: Chris Seitz, Akeem Ward, Donovan Pines, Chris Durkin
Montreal Impact Lineup:
Evan Bush, Zakaria Brault-Guillard, Victor Cabrera, Daniel Lovitz, Shamit Shome, Samuel Piette, Saphir Taïder (Michael Azira 80'), Matthieu Choiniére (Harry Novillo 84'), Clément Bayiha, Anthony Jackson-Hamel (Orji Okwonkwo 80')
Unused Substitutes: Jukka Raitala, Bacary Sagna, Rudy Camacho, Clément Dip,
Referee: Chris Penso
Assistant Referees: Philippe Briere, Claudiu Badea
Fourth Official: Guido Gonzales Jr.
VAR: Silviu Petrescu AVAR: Jeff Muschik
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 9, 2019
- D.C. United Draw 0-0 with Montreal at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Second Consecutive Clean Sheet on the Road - Montreal Impact
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Colorado Rapids - April 10, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Issues Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- Impact Kicks off GA Cup Saturday in Texas - Montreal Impact
- New York Red Bulls and Prudential Financial Sign 12 Players to Unified Team - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by Ea Sports - Los Angeles FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - MLS
- MLS Announces Time Change for Quakes at NYCFC on September 14 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Kick-Off Time Change: New York City FC Home Match on Saturday, September 14 vs. San Jose Earthquakes Moved to 12:30 p.m. ET - New York City FC
- Sounders FC Signs Midfielder Danny Leyva as Homegrown Player - Seattle Sounders FC
- Minnesota United Announces Plans for Allianz Field Inaugural Home Opener - Minnesota United FC
- Mikey Ambrose to Miss 3-5 Weeks with Meniscus Injury - Atlanta United FC
- Minnesota United FC to Unveil Gem Allianz Field on Saturday - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.