New York Red Bulls and Prudential Financial Sign 12 Players to Unified Team
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls, in partnership with Prudential Financial, Inc., have signed 12 athletes from Special Olympics New Jersey to the Red Bulls Unified Team as part of the MLS Works Unified Exchange program. Prudential Financial is the proud presenting partner of the Red Bulls Special Olympics Unified Team.
The Red Bulls Unified team schedule expands to four matches this season, with matches at Red Bull Arena on May 4, July 14, and September 22, alongside First Team matches. The Unified team will also travel to Kansas City with the Red Bulls matchings against Sporting Kansas City and the SKC Unified team.
Red Bulls Sporting Director Denis Hamlett hosted the Unified team at Red Bull Arena to sign contracts, tour the building, and receive uniforms.
"We are very pleased to continue our relationship with Special Olympics New Jersey," said Hamlett. "We are honored to have these 12 players represent our club. I know they will make us proud here at Red Bull Arena, and we are excited to have them along with us for the road trip to Kansas City."
"A source of joy for many of us is playing and experiencing sports. This program is so special because it impacts people of all backgrounds, and is a wonderful expression of inclusion and inspiration," said Niharika Shah, vice president and head of Brand Marketing, Advertising and Global Insights, Prudential Financial, Inc. "We had the privilege of spending time with the Unified Team and these talented athletes are the true meaning of commitment and community."
2019 marks the sixth season for the Red Bulls Unified team. The New York Red Bulls are one of several MLS teams to partner with their local Special Olympics chapters to create teams and host matches in their stadiums.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 9, 2019
- D.C. United Draw 0-0 with Montreal at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Second Consecutive Clean Sheet on the Road - Montreal Impact
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Colorado Rapids - April 10, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Issues Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- Impact Kicks off GA Cup Saturday in Texas - Montreal Impact
- New York Red Bulls and Prudential Financial Sign 12 Players to Unified Team - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by Ea Sports - Los Angeles FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - MLS
- MLS Announces Time Change for Quakes at NYCFC on September 14 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Kick-Off Time Change: New York City FC Home Match on Saturday, September 14 vs. San Jose Earthquakes Moved to 12:30 p.m. ET - New York City FC
- Sounders FC Signs Midfielder Danny Leyva as Homegrown Player - Seattle Sounders FC
- Minnesota United Announces Plans for Allianz Field Inaugural Home Opener - Minnesota United FC
- Mikey Ambrose to Miss 3-5 Weeks with Meniscus Injury - Atlanta United FC
- Minnesota United FC to Unveil Gem Allianz Field on Saturday - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Transfer Michael Amir Murillo to RSC Anderlecht
- New York Red Bulls Open MLS Season at Home on March 1
- New York Red Bulls Select Kendall McIntosh in 2019 MLS Re-Entry Draft
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions
- New York Red Bulls and Sky Blue FC Announce New Partnership