Cutters Hot Stove Banquet Raises over $6,700 for Charity
The Williamsport Crosscutters 14th Annual Hot Stove Banquet was held January 15 at the Genetti Hotel in downtown Williamsport.
The event featured Phillies legendary outfielder Greg Luzinski, ESPN Baseball Insider Tim Kurkjian, 1992 World Series MVP Pat Border who managed the Cutters the past 5 seasons and Phillies Asst. General Manager Bryan Minniti.
The night, presented in part by Panda Patriot Power, River Valley Transit, WRAK Radio and the Williamsport Sun-Gazette, was also highlighted by auctions that featured a wealth of sports memorabilia.
It was announced at the event that Borders has been reassigned to manage the Phillies full season Class A affiliate, the Clearwater Threshers in 2020. It had been previously announced that Borders would return to manage in Williamsport for a sixth season. As part of the Hot Stove festivities, the Cutters retired Borders jersey number 10. He ends his Williamsport managerial career with 186 wins, the most by any Cutters manager.
Additional highlights included the induction of Rob Thomas into the Bowman Field Hall of Fame and Navy quarterback Hal Spooner's induction to the Williamsport Sports Walk.
Thomas has been the public address announcer at Cutters home games for the past 20 seasons. Spooner, a Williamsport native helped lead the 1960 Navy Midshipmen to a 9-1 regular season record and a trip to the Orange Bowl
A portion of the proceeds from the evening were donated to the West End Christian Community Center. At the conclusion of the festivities, they were presented with a check for $6,750.
The Crosscutters 2020 home opener is scheduled for Friday, June 19 against the State College Spikes. Season tickets, bonus books and mini-plans are now available by phone, online at crosscutters.com or in-person at BB&T Ballpark.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from January 16, 2020
- Cutters Retire Borders Jersey at Hot Stove Banquet - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Now Is the Time to #SaveOurSpikes - State College Spikes
- Cutters Hot Stove Banquet Raises over $6,700 for Charity - Williamsport Crosscutters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Williamsport Crosscutters Stories
- Cutters Seeking Anthem Performer Videos
- Cutters Coaching Staff Announced for 2020 Season
- Cutters Retire Borders Jersey at Hot Stove Banquet
- Cutters Hot Stove Banquet Raises over $6,700 for Charity
- Bowman Field HOF & Lycoming County Sports Walk Inductees Revealed