Croop and Jazz Returning
Winston-Salem, NC - The Carolina Thunderbirds are announcing a set of roster moves ahead of this weekend's games against the Watertown Wolves.
First, Ryan Jasinsky will return to the lineup this weekend after receiving clearance from the Wichita Thunder. Wichita currently has Jasinsky's rights on their reserve list in the ECHL. Jasinsky has three assists and 52 penalty minutes in five FHL games this season.
The Thunderbirds are also happy to announce the return of Jay Croop to the active roster. Croop suffered a leg injury in a game against the Mentor Ice Breakers on January 28. Croop briefly left the team while injured to get rehabilitation done to recover more quickly. In 11 games this season he has registered seven points (2G-5A).
In a corresponding move, the Thunderbirds have placed goaltender Frankie McClendon on waivers.
Both Croop and Jasinsky will be in the lineup for Carolina this weekend against the Watertown Wolves. A three game set against the defending Commissioner's Cup champions begins tonight at 7:35 at the Fairgrounds Annex. Less than 500 tickets remain for both Friday and Saturday's games so get your tickets now at the box office or online at TicketMaster.
• Discuss this story on the Federal Hockey League message board...
Federal Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2019
- Dashers Snap Elmira's Winning Streak - Danville Dashers
- Prowlers Dominate Ice Breakers, 6-1 - Port Huron Prowlers
- Carolina Wins 4-1 Friday Night - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Croop and Jazz Returning - Carolina Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Carolina Thunderbirds Stories
- Carolina Sweeps Mentor
- Carolina Wins Big Friday Night
- Mentor Weekend Preview
- Thunderbirds Release Team Statement Regarding Sunday's Incident
- Niec Signs Celebrity Contract