Crew acquires Marc Burch from Los Angeles for a 2007 second-round supplemental pick
COLUMBUS, Ohio (Wednesday, July 11, 2006) - The Columbus Crew announced today that the club has acquired forward Marc Burch from the Los Angeles Galaxy in exchange for The Crew's second-round pick in the 2007 Supplemental Draft. To make room for Burch the club waived midfielder Dayton O'Brien.
Burch appeared in three games for the Galaxy after being selected in the second round (24th overall) of the 2006 MLS SuperDraft.
The Cincinnati native played three years at Evansville before transferring to Maryland for his senior season, helping the Terrapins capture the 2005 College Cup championship by scoring the game-winning goal. He was an All-Missouri Valley Conference selection three times at Evansville and was the Gatorade National High School Player of the Year in 2001.
"It's always nice to bring an Ohio boy back home," said Crew Head Coach Sigi Schmid. "He is a player that is very versatile. He can play up top or out wide."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 11, 2006
- Crew acquires Marc Burch from Los Angeles for a 2007 second-round supplemental pick - Columbus Crew SC
- Galaxy trade forward Marc Burch to Columbus - LA Galaxy
- MLS All-Star First XI to be Announced Wednesday on MLSnet.com - MLS
- Rapids weekly notes - Colorado Rapids
- Hernandez Named MLS Player of the Week - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Announces 2020 Television Broadcast Schedule & Talent Team
- Columbus Crew SC Reveals 2020 Promotional Calendar
- Columbus Crew SC Waives Forward JJ Williams
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Details for Black & Gold Week
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Goalkeeper Andrew Tarbell in Trade with the San Jose Earthquakes