Coyotes Prepare for First Game of 2007, Await the Everett Hawks
(Fresno, Calif.) - The Central Valley Coyotes (0-0), who had bye in week #1, are preparing to open their 2007 season at home this Saturday night at Selland Arena against the Everett Hawks (0-1). The Hawks are coming off a 30-61 shellacking at the hands of the Tulsa Talons (1-0) last Saturday in Tulsa, OK.
The Coyotes look to fill some key positions on the 2007 roster after losing much of their 2006 playoff squad. One of the biggest questions will be who will fill the shoes of Quarterback Scott Rislov the All-Time Arena Football Touchdown passing record holder after he threw 106 touchdowns last season. QB candidates are Clay Groefsema and Brian Luke. Both have shown promise during camp and have put Coyote Head Coach Fred Biletnikoff Jr. in the tough position of choosing a starter.
Coach Biletnikoff is entering his 4th season with the Coyotes and his 3rd full season after taking over mid way through the 2004 season. He will be looking to build on the Coyotes success of last season when the Coyotes enjoyed their first winning season (12-4) and earned their first playoff appearance.
The Hawks are entering their second season in the league with high hopes after a very disappointing 2006 season finishing fifth in the division with 4 wins against 12 loses. New Hawks Head Coach Cedric Walker has been given the task of attempting to turn the Hawks into a contender. Walker is the Hawks third head coach, replacing Tony Wells who moved to the expansion Tri-Cities Fever in the off season.
Kick off for Saturday's game will be 7 P.M. at Selland Arena, doors open at 6 P.M. Season, individual game and group tickets are still available, by contacting the Coyotes Ticket office at (559) 263-9780. Additional Coyote information can be found online via their official site at www.centralvalleycoyotes.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from April 3, 2007
- Four Bakersfield Players Among Candidates for Weekly Awards - Bakersfield Blitz
- Hawks, Old Country Buffet Team Up for Family Night - Everett Hawks
- Louisville Fire game notes - Louisville Fire
- Coyotes Prepare for First Game of 2007, Await the Everett Hawks - Central Valley Coyotes
- Dorados kick off 2007 season this Saturday night - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Corpus Christi Sharks Countdown to Kickoff - Corpus Christi Sharks
- af2 names week one honorees - af2
- Quarterback Competition Heightens With Wolves' First Trade - Manchester Wolves
- Kats Trade QB Ryan Porter to Manchester Wolves - Cincinnati Jungle Kats
- Wildcats Announce "Spring Break Ticket Promotion" - South Georgia Wildcats
- af2 Week One Recaps - af2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Central Valley Coyotes Stories
- Coyotes Meet with IFL as Potential Option for 2011
- Coyotes Announce Kicker Tryout
- Head Athletic Trainer Needed
- Coyotes to Hold Tryout on January 24th
- Coyotes saddened by Falcons demise