Coyotes hold on for win over Aces
Alexandria, La. - July 23, 2008 - The Coyotes got on the board first when Amado German hit a home run that just cleared the center-field wall. The solo shot was German's third homer of the year. The Aces came back with one in the third. With two outs and Luis Guance on third, Palmer Karr Jr. beat out a grounder to third to allow Guance to tie the game at one. The Coyotes took the lead again in the fourth. Mayobanex Santana led off the inning with a walk and moved to second on a single to right by Brandon McConnell. So with runners on first and second, Patrick Gaylord singled to left. Aces left fielder Karr overthrew Eddie Fitzpatrick at the plate allowing Santana to score an unearned run. The Aces tied the game again in the bottom of the fourth with a couple of doubles. Andre Marshall led off the inning with a double to left-center. Three batters later, with two outs, Fitzpatrick came up with another clutch hit. Fitzpatrick hit a double to right-center past a diving German to tie the game once again. The Coyotes went on top for the third time in the sixth. Alex Entrekin hit his third homer of the year, a solo home run, to put the Coyotes ahead 3-2. The Aces nearly staged a final comeback in the bottom of the ninth. Guance led off the inning with a bloop single to right. After Selwyn Langaigne struck out, Karr walked putting the tying run at second and the winning run at first. Two batters later, with two outs, Edinburg closer Luke Prihoda threw a wild pitch that moved Guance and Karr to second and third. Andre Marshall then flied out to right to end the game, giving Prihoda his fifth save of the season. The Aces and Coyotes have Thursday off due to the threat of rain in the forecast from Hurricane Dolly. On Friday, the Aces will send Robbie Wooley to face Carlos Jan against the Coyotes in Edinburg. A doubleheader is scheduled for Saturday. Game time for Friday is 7:05.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from July 23, 2008
- Coyotes avoid sweep - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Coyotes hold on for win over Aces - Alexandria Aces
- Coyotes and Aces postponed due to threatening Dolly - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Lively sold to Giants - San Angelo Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th