Cotton Kings Road Game Preview at Amarillo
The Amarillo Gorillas fait will be decided tonight in Amarillo and the Lubbock Cotton Kings have an opportunity to play a hand in it. In the race for the No. 3 and No. 4 playoff spots in the Southern Conference, the Gorillas (34-26-3) are one point ahead of Rio Grande Valley (32-25-6) and hold the tiebreaker against the Killer Bees. They are two points ahead of Austin (33-27-3) with Austin gripping the tiebreaker over the Gorillas. If Lubbock wins in regulation and both Rio Grande Valley (at Odessa) and Austin (at Tulsa) win, then Amarillo could miss the postseason. Any standing point obtained tonight by Amarillo clinches their playoff ticket.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 26, 2006
- Gorillas Clinch Playoff Spot with 1-0 Shutout Win over Kings - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Bucks Blast Rayz 6-1 - Laredo Bucks
- Rayz close eighth season in Coastal Bend - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Mudbugs to Face Wichita in Round One - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- He's Hahn-Real - Amarillo Gorillas
- Cotton Kings Road Game Preview at Amarillo - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Brahmas' season ends with 4-2 loss - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Oilers game preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees game notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.