Comprehensive Cancer Centers and Las Vegas Aces Promote Breast Cancer Awareness and Raise Money for American Cancer Society
LAS VEGAS - Comprehensive Cancer Centers (Comprehensive), a multi-specialty practice that has served Southern Nevadans for more than 40 years, is the official cancer center partner of the Women's National Basketball Association's (WNBA) Las Vegas Aces.
Together, Comprehensive and the Aces aim to promote breast cancer awareness and raise money for American Cancer Society. The multifaceted partnership includes Every Point Counts, a campaign in which $20 from every free throw made during each home game will be donated to American Cancer Society and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. It also includes a title game sponsorship of Breast Health Awareness Night on August 20. The title game will feature breast cancer patients and physicians from Comprehensive Cancer Centers throughout the game.
"We are honored to be working with the Las Vegas Aces as their official cancer center partner," said Jon Bilstein, executive director of Comprehensive. "The Aces games are a great way to bring our community together, and as a sponsor, it's a perfect way to bring messages of breast cancer awareness, prevention and hope to Southern Nevadans.
"The Las Vegas Aces are proud to raise awareness in the fight against breast cancer, as well as to celebrate those who have triumphed over the disease, encourage those who are in the struggle, and remember those who have lost their battle," said Aces Community Relations Manager Autumn Spicer.
Title game activation will include a pre-game fan tunnel comprised of patients and their families, on-court recognition during a timeout in the first half, Dew Fan Zone takeover, where patients and physicians will have courtside seats, post-game photo opportunity with the team and pink rally towels donned with Every Point Counts placed on each chair in the arena for fans. As part of the partnership, the Aces' mascot, Buckets, held a meet-and-greet with patients at Comprehensive's Henderson Treatment Center on July 29, helping to boost the morale of those receiving care.
The Every Points Count initiative and season-long tally will be displayed across the jumbotron during the game.
The generous support of Comprehensive Cancer Centers and the Las Vegas Aces increases the American Cancer Society's ability to provide vital services to cancer patients and their families throughout southern Nevada," said Angela VanBrackle, senior development manager of American Cancer Society. "Their contributions help further our mission to celebrate lives, save lives, and lead the fight to end cancer."
To purchase Las Vegas Aces tickets, visit aces.wnba.com, and for more information on Comprehensive, visit www.CCCNevada.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 20, 2019
- Liberty Maintain Lead to Defeat Fever, 82-76 - New York Liberty
- Indiana Cuts 17-Point Deficit But Can't Take Lead as Liberty Hold on for 82-76 Win - Indiana Fever
- With Playoff Berth Clinched, Aces Look to Boost Seeding with Tuesday Tilt vs. Mercuy - Las Vegas Aces
- Lynx FastBreak Foundation to Raise Funds for Breast Health Awareness - Minnesota Lynx
- Comprehensive Cancer Centers and Las Vegas Aces Promote Breast Cancer Awareness and Raise Money for American Cancer Society - Las Vegas Aces
- Las Vegas' A'ja Wilson Receives July WNBA Carescommunity Assist Award Presented by State Farm - Las Vegas Aces
- Las Vegas' A'ja Wilson Receives July WNBA Carescommunity Assist Award Presented by State Farm - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- Aces Come up Short as Storm Win Fourth WNBA Championship
- Storm Take 2-0 Lead with 104-91 Victory over Las Vegas
- A'ja Wilson Unanimous All-WNBA First Team Selection
- Stewart, Bird, Loyd Lead Storm to 93-80 Win over Las Vegas
- Aces Punch Ticket to WNBA Finals With 66-63 Victory over Sun