Columbus Crew SC to Launch Charitable Jersey Auction Tomorrow to Raise Funds for Nationwide Children's Hospital
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC today announced that the Club is set to hold an online auction, launching this Saturday, May 23, featuring the first match-worn player jerseys to don the Nationwide Children's Hospital logo. The online auction, which begins tomorrow at 12:30 p.m. ET, runs until Sunday, May 31 at 12:30 p.m. ET and can be accessed via the following link: columbuscrewsc.com/auctions.
The auction is part of the Black and Gold's collaboration with Nationwide Children's Hospital to further the mission of On Our Sleeves. All the proceeds from the auction will support behavioral health research and care at Nationwide Children's Hospital and On Our Sleeves, Nationwide Children's Hospital's movement to transform children's mental health.
Match-worn jerseys of the 11 players who were in the starting lineup of the March 1 match against New York City FC will be available: Eloy Room, Harrison Afful, Jonathan Mensah, Vito Wormgoor, Milton Valenzuela, Artur, Darlington Nagbe, Pedro Santos, Lucas Zelarayan, Youness Mokhtar and Gyasi Zardes. Supporters interested on bidding on the jerseys may do so at the auction's website, columbuscrewsc.com/auctions. Additionally, the jerseys of the following Crew SC players will be available via raffle: Andrew Tarbell, Josh Williams, Luis Diaz, and Fanendo Adi. Tickets for the raffle can also be purchased through the auction website.
During the month of May, which is Mental Health Awareness Month, On Our Sleeves will offer free, evidence-based and educational resources specially designed to help kids cope and build resilience, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In February of 2020, Crew SC and Nationwide announced a future multi-year sponsorship agreement making Nationwide, the central Ohio-based insurance and financial services industry leader, the Official Columbus Crew SC Jersey Partner, beginning in 2021. In 2020, the Crew has partnered with Nationwide Children's Hospital and features a special Nationwide Children's jersey for all competitions, including all Major League Soccer and Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup matches. For one year, all authentic and replica jerseys, including those worn by the First Team and those sold at retail, will prominently incorporate the Nationwide Children's Hospital logo. Beginning in 2021, Crew SC kits will feature the Nationwide logo and Nationwide Children's will transition into a community partner role.
WHAT: Crew SC to auction off match-worn jerseys from its 2020 MLS regular-season opening match against New York City FC to benefit Nationwide Children's Hospital and On Our Sleeves
WHEN: Auction begins tomorrow, Saturday, May 23 at 12:30 p.m. ET and lasts until Sunday, May 31 at 12:30 p.m. ET
WHERE: Auction can be accessed via the following link: columbuscrewsc.com/auctions
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 22, 2020
- SEAvPDX Week Concludes Tomorrow Night with a Seattle-Portland Battle on "Sounders FC Classics," Presented by Zulily - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas to Broadcast Western Conference Semifinal Between Dallas Burn and Chicago Fire from October 27, 1999 - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC to Launch Charitable Jersey Auction Tomorrow to Raise Funds for Nationwide Children's Hospital - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting KC and Parisi Coffee Release Sporting Calcio 2020 Blend - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC's Broadcast Schedule of Re-Airs: May 25-31
- Columbus Crew SC to Launch Charitable Jersey Auction Tomorrow to Raise Funds for Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Columbus Crew SC's Broadcast Schedule of Re-Airs: May 18-23
- Columbus Crew SC Recognizes Frontline Workers with First Structural Steel Column Erected at Construction Site of New Downtown Stadium
- Columbus Crew SC Supports on Our Sleeves, the Movement to Transform Children's Mental Health