Colorado Rapids Announce Tipico Sportsbook as the Official Presenting Sponsor of the Club's 2021 Playoffs Run
The Colorado Rapids announced today that Tipico, one of the largest online sports betting companies in the world, will serve as the presenting sponsor of the club's Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs run.
"We're delighted to welcome Tipico Sportsbook as our presenting sponsor for the club's upcoming playoff run, including our historic game on Thanksgiving Day," said Pádraig Smith, Colorado Rapids Executive VP & General Manager. "We look forward to having Tipico onboard to help us elevate our fans' experience during what we hope will be a very special playoff stretch."
"With the opening of our new technology hub in Denver and the recent launch of our online sportsbook in the state, Colorado is starting to feel like home to the Tipico team," said Adrian Vella, CEO of Tipico Sportsbook, US. "We're thrilled to partner with our new neighbors on what we hope will become an annual thanksgiving weekend tradition: the Colorado Rapids playing and advancing deep into the MLS Cup Playoffs."
As part of their partnership with the Rapids, Tipico will serve as the official sponsor of the club's pre-game Friendsgiving Tailgate, which will take place prior to the club's Western Conference Semifinal on Thursday afternoon against Portland Timbers FC. Additional activations in the partnership include ticket giveaways, as well as seat upgrades for fans to an all-inclusive Tipico Terrace Club Box on field level, during all Rapids playoff games.
Tipico is also assisting the Rapids and Kroenke Sports Charities with their Thanksgiving Day Meal Program, contributing an additional 32,000 meals to families facing hunger. Based on total contributions so far, the Rapids will be able to donate over half a million meals-over 30 meals for every fan in attendance on Thursday-to the Food Bank of the Rockies.
The Rapids will kick off their Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs run at DICK'S Sporting Goods Park on Thursday, November 25, in what will be the first-ever MLS match played on Thanksgiving Day (2:30 p.m. MT). After earning a first-round bye for finishing as the top seed in the West, Colorado will face the Timbers in the Western Conference Semifinal on the national holiday.
About Tipico U.S.
Tipico is a U.S. sportsbook originally founded in Europe in 2004. As the leading sports betting provider in Germany and one of the top sports betting and iGaming companies worldwide, Tipico offers digital and mobile betting entertainment across 30 different sports and invests heavily in the development of technologies that make the sports betting experience better and safer, placing the highest value on player protection. The Tipico Group of companies employs over 1,800 people worldwide and another 4,200 people working in the Tipico associated franchise network. In the United States Tipico has established U.S. operations and business headquarters in Hoboken, New Jersey, in addition to a technology hub in Denver, Colorado. Tipico has partnered with several entities to gain state market access across New Jersey, Colorado, Indiana and Iowa, and is regulated by the local gaming authorities in each state. Today, Tipico is live with online sports betting in Colorado and New Jersey, and operates an online casino in New Jersey. Tipico is the exclusive sports betting and iGaming provider for Gannett, with deep integration and wide exposure across the USA Today Network. For more information, please visit www.tipico.com/us, or www.tipico-group.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 23, 2021
- City Falls to Nashville SC in Round One of Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Goalkeeper Stefan Frei Wins 2021 MLS Save of the Year - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Announce Winners of 2021 AT&T MLS Goal of the Year, 2021 Save of the Year Presented by Allstate - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Forward Rubio Rubin Wins 2021 AT&T Goal of the Year - Real Salt Lake
- Colorado Rapids Announce Tipico Sportsbook as the Official Presenting Sponsor of the Club's 2021 Playoffs Run - Colorado Rapids
- Denver Shows Support of Colorado Rapids Ahead of Thanksgiving Day Western Conference Semifinal - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Academy Roundup: November 20 - FC Cincinnati
- Gregore Named Inter Miami CF's 2021 MVP - Inter Miami CF
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: November 23, 2021 - New England Revolution
- Toronto FC Announce Javier Pérez Will Not Return as Head Coach - Toronto FC
- Austin FC Announce Details of New "El Arbolito CupÃ¢ÂÂ Presented by Visible - Austin FC
- The Pitch: MLS Thanksgiving Week Menu Almost Set - MLS
- Djordje Mihailovic and Rudy Camacho Win Club's End-Of-Season Individual Awards - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Cole Bassett Shares Heartfelt Messages to Rapids' Fans, Coaches, Community Ahead of Feyenoord Loan
- Colorado Rapids Loan Cole Bassett to Dutch Side Feyenoord Rotterdam
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Midfielder Bryan Acosta
- Colorado Rapids Sign Midfielder Jack Price to Multi-Year Contract Extension
- Colorado Rapids Sign Defender Danny Wilson to Multi-Year Contract Extension