Colorado Guard Von Wafer D-League Player of Month
February 2, 2007 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
GREENVILLE, S.C., Feb. 2, 2007 - Von Wafer of the Colorado 14ers was named NBA Development League Player of the Month for games played in January 2007.
In 13 games Wafer averaged 30.8 minutes, 20.6 points, 3.8 assists and 2.8 rebounds while leading the 14ers to a 10-3 record and the lead in the D-League Western Division. He converted 51-percent (92-180) from the field, 50-percent from behind the three point line (26-72) and 82-percent (48-58) from the free throw stripe.
Wafer scored 20 or more points in eight games. He converted better than 50-percent from the floor seven times, including making 9-of-11 against Tulsa on Jan. 3, 7-of-10 against Los Angeles on Jan. 16 and 8-of-12 on Jan. 20 against Anaheim.
Wafer currently leads the D-League in scoring (20.5 ppg) and three-point field goal percentage (.477). He is second in three-pointers made (71) and three-pointers attempted (149).
Also receiving consideration for D-League January Player of the Month were Joe Shipp of Albuquerque, James Augustine of Anaheim (now recalled to Orlando), Matt Haryasz of Arkansas, B.J. Elder of Austin, Quemont Greer of Dakota, Ronnell Taylor of Idaho, Sean Banks of Los Angeles, Jared Reiner of Sioux Falls and Will Conroy of Tulsa (now with the Memphis Grizzlies).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 2, 2007
- Stampede drop one at home - Idaho Stampede
- Flyers Fall to RimRockers - Fort Worth Flyers
- Toros beat Jam in double overtime thriller - Austin Spurs
- Arsenal roll to 110-93 victory over Sioux Falls - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Colorado Guard Von Wafer D-League Player of Month - G League
- Bucks Assign Markota to Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- D-League daily developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.