Colorado defeats Kansas City 51-27
Denver, CO - For the second straight year the Colorado Crush ended the Kansas City Brigade's season. Colorado (6-10) defeated Kansas City (3-13) 51-27 in front of 13,571 inside the Pepsi Center. The Crush was led by veteran quarterback John Dutton. Dutton accounted for four touchdowns as the Crush advance to the 2008 Arena Football League playoffs.
Kansas City, whose playoff hopes officially ended last week with a loss at Los Angeles, played like a team with nothing on the line. The team looked out of sync and uninterested in giving the Crush a fight. The Brigade put up a season low 27 points in their fourth straight loss.
Quincy Carter's third start at quarterback for Kansas City was a brief one. Carter was replaced by D. Bryant on their fourth drive on the game. Carter looked shaky in his first three series but he was not alone. Fullback Dawan Moss fumbled the ball twice including once inside the Colorado one yard line. Carter finished the game seven of ten passing for a total of 73 yards and one interception (off the net). Carter gained 16 rushing yards before being replaced by Bryant.
Colorado jumped out to a 14-0 first quarter advantage and would never relinquish the lead. Colorado's balanced attack allowed six different members of the Crush to score. Willie Quinnie had a team high 81 receiving yards to go with one touchdown. Fullback Robert Thomas scored two touchdowns in addition to his six rushing yards.
Kansas City will head home with plenty of questions to be answered in the off-season. The Brigade struggled all season to find consistent play at quarterback. Once again the Brigade will look to bounce back from a 3-13 season. It will be an interesting off-season filled with plenty of roster moves. Head Coach Kevin Porter will look to rebound just like he did in '07 with a massive turnaround.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from June 21, 2008
- Dragons clinch playoff berth - AFL I
- Storm Finish Season on High Note, Defeat Avengers 72-47 - Tampa Bay Storm
- Crush win season finale at home - Colorado Crush
- Cleveland Gladiators Clinch 2008 Playoff Berth - Cleveland Gladiators
- Crush clinch playoff berth - AFL I
- The Battle of the Buckeye State goes Cleveland's way - Columbus Destroyers
- Predators clinch playoff berth - AFL I
- Rampage Clinch Playoff Berth - AFL I
- Gladiators Clinch Playoff Berth - AFL I
- Colorado defeats Kansas City 51-27 - Kansas City Brigade
- Rampage Playoff Bound Following 86-70 Win over New Orleans - Grand Rapids Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Brigade Stories
- Brigade Responds To Arena Football League's Announcement Regarding Suspending Play For 2009 Season
- Skip Foster Joins Brigade Coaching Staff As Offensive Coordinator
- Kansas City Brigade announce open tryout date
- Quincy Carter invited to Miami Dolphins training camp
- Quincy Carter signs two year extension through 2010