Colorado Comeback Leads to Roughnecks Home Loss
Calgary, AB - Despite Dane Dobbie (2g, 4a) registering his 400th career goal in the first quarter and recording a game-leading six point effort, the Calgary Roughnecks came up short at the Scotiabank Saddledome by a score of 11-9 versus the Colorado Mammoth on Saturday night.
The Roughnecks jumped out to an early 4-1 lead in the first quarter but were unable to maintain the advantage as Kyle Killen (3g, 2a) and Eli McLaughlin (2g, 3a) each tallied five points to lead the Mammoth to victory and end their three-game slide.
Six Roughnecks found the back of the Mammoth net including rookie defenceman Eli Salama, who recorded his first NLL career goal.
Colorado, who outshot Calgary 46-44, was able to take the series 2-1 despite a valiant 35 save effort by Roughnecks goaltender Christian Del Bianco. Mammoth goalie, Dillon Ward also stopped 35 shots during 60 minutes of play.
Calgary was 2-2 on the power play while Colorado went 1-4.
The Riggers wore limited-edition St. Patrick's Day themed jerseys during the contest which, along with select autographed game-issued jerseys, are now available for bid on ElevateAuctions.com.
Single game tickets are now on sale for as low as $39.78 for adults (plus GST and applicable fees). Fans are encouraged to take advantage of the three new zones that offer enhanced fan experience and preferred pricing. These include the Student Zone with tickets available for $15 (plus GST and applicable fees), the Rough House Reserved available for $20 (plus GST and applicable fees) and the Family Zone. Visit Ticketmaster or the Scotiabank Saddledome box office to join the Rough House party. Fans can also secure a seat online at CalgaryRoughnecks.com or by calling 1-855-985-5000.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 17, 2019
- Knighthawks Fall Just Short in Toronto - Rochester Knighthawks
- San Diego Scores Six Goals in the Final Five Minutes to Come Back and Beat Philadelphia - San Diego Seals
- Warriors Tame Wolves - Vancouver Warriors
- Rush's Valiant Comeback Bid Falls Short in Thrilling OT Loss to Bandits - Saskatchewan Rush
- Black Wolves Winning Streak Snapped in Vancouver - New England Black Wolves
- Colorado Comeback Leads to Roughnecks Home Loss - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.