Colby Drost Promoted to Director of Scouting
DUBUQUE, Iowa - The Dubuque Fighting Saints are proud to announce that former Assistant Director of Player Personnel Colby Drost has been promoted to Director of Scouting effective immediately, according to General Manager Kalle Larsson.
"Colby is so deserving of this promotion," Larsson said. "We think he's one of the best young scouts out there, and that includes all levels of hockey."
"It's a privilege to work for the Dubuque Fighting Saints and I thank the current staff and previous for letting me continue to work for this great organization," Drost said. "I look forward to continuing to work with Kalle in search of future Fighting Saints."
Drost enters his new role with a bevy of scouting experience. He was the recruiting coordinator at Skidmore College (NCAA Division III), the Director of Scouting for the USPHL's York Skipjacks, and served as a scout with the Sioux City Musketeers and the Saints prior to his promotion. With the Skipjacks, Drost secured 17 Division I student-athlete commitments, and the organization produced 16 USHL draft picks, 17 NAHL draft picks, and 27 USPHL All-Stars. At Skidmore, the 13 players recruited by Drost helped lead the program to its second-ever national ranking during the 2016-17 season.
Drost spearheads the scouting effort in the northeast region, and routinely takes in hundreds of hockey games throughout a season to compile a list of prospects, along with Larsson, to field the best Fighting Saints team possible from season to season.
"Colby is the true definition of a road warrior, and his work ethic is second-to-none," Larsson added. "His ability to identify players that fit our team and culture in Dubuque has benefitted us each season he has been with us, and we couldn't be more pleased to promote Colby to Director of Scouting."
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from June 13, 2018
- Des Moines Buccaneers Announce the Hiring of Former NCAA Coach & NHL Scout Gene Reilly as Their Head Coach - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Doug Christiansen Named Head Coach & General Manager of Manchester Monarchs - USHL
- Colby Drost Promoted to Director of Scouting - Dubuque Fighting Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dubuque Fighting Saints Stories
- Quick Start Propels Dubuque over Madison, 3-2
- Pregame Primer: Dubuque Departs for Last Matchup against Madison
- Dubuque's Comeback Effort Falls Short, Chicago Holds on 3-2
- Dubuque Downs Madison 6-0
- Weekend Primer: Saints Set for Two Eastern Conference Matchups