Clint Everts returning to Potomac
WOODBRIDGE, Va.- The Potomac Nationals announced today that right-handed pitcher Clint Everts has been called up from Low-A Hagerstown and placed on Potomac's 25-man roster, replacing Craig Stammen who was promoted to Triple-A Columbus.
Everts, a former first-round pick by the Montreal Expos in the 2002 First-Year Player Draft, was 0-2 with the Suns this season posting a 4.63 ERA in eight appearances, totaling 11 2/3 innings.
The Cypress, Texas native spent all of the 2006 and 2007 seasons with Potomac going 9-20 while sporting a 5.38 ERA. The right-hander split time as a starter and a reliever during that time making 31 starts and 27 relief appearances.
A former top prospect in the Expos organization in 2003 and 2004, Everts' career was hampered by an elbow injury after the 2004 season requiring Tommy John surgery. The 23-year-old returned to pitching in 2005, going 0-1 with the GCL Nationals in seven starts, and was then promoted to Short-Season Vermont where he appeared in nine games with a 3.79 ERA.
With the addition of Everts, Potomac's active roster now stands at 25, with 12 pitchers and 13 position players.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from April 30, 2008
- Hillcats Hang On To Avoid Sweep With 3-2 Win - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Zimmermann overpowers Warthogs - Potomac Nationals
- Avs blank Indians - Salem Red Sox
- Salem Blanks K-Tribe 5-0 - Kinston Indians
- Warthogs Swept Again, Blanked By Potomac - Winston-Salem Dash
- Wilmington Avoids Sweep With Ninth-Inning Magic - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Roush Fenway Racing's No. 6 Car At Ballpark Thursday - Sunday - Salem Red Sox
- Late Blown Lead Negates Sweep Bid - Frederick Keys
- Hillcats game notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Clint Everts returning to Potomac - Potomac Nationals
- Pelicans Game Notes - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Winston-Salem Warthogs Game Notes - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Potomac Nationals Stories
- 2018 P-Nats Open House Scheduled for Saturday, March 24th at Pfitzner Stadium
- 2018 P-Nats Single Game Tickets Go on Sale March 19
- P-Nats Add Jose Canseco to 2018 Legends Autograph Series
- Potomac Nationals Announce 2018 Legends Autograph Series
- 2018 P-Nats Seasonal Job Fair at Pfitzner Stadium Scheduled for Wednesday, February 28th