Chris Clemons Named NBA G League Player of the Month
PORTLAND, ME - The Maine Celtics, presented by Unum, announced today that guard Chris Clemons has been named NBA G League Player of the Month for games played March 1-April 2.
During the month, Clemons helped lead Maine to eight wins, averaging 29.0 points, 5.4 rebounds, 5.6 assists, and 2.0 steals per game. He shot an impressive 44.9% from three-point range for the month.
Clemons surpassed 40 points in four of his eleven games played, including a 52-point effort in the Mar. 17 win over Lakeland. Clemons tied a franchise record by making eleven three-point field goals in that game. He also recorded his 4th triple-double of the season in the victory over Motor City on Mar. 10 (18 points, 12 rebounds, 12 assists).
This is the second league honor that Clemons has received this season; he was also named GATORADE Player of the Week for the week ending on Feb. 13. For the season, Clemons played in 40 games (22 starts), averaging 21.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 5.6 assists per game. He ranks 4th in the NBA G League in scoring during the regular season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 5, 2022
- Vipers to Host Conference Semifinals at Home - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Motor City Cruise's Shawndre' Jones Wins 2021-22 NBA G League Community Assist Award - G League
- Skyhawks Win Eleventh Straight Game to Close out Regular Season - College Park Skyhawks
- NBA G League News & Notes: April 5 - G League
- Chris Clemons Named NBA G League Player of the Month - Maine Celtics
- Steve Gansey Named NBA G League Coach of the Month - College Park Skyhawks
- Blue Coats Host Nets in the First Round of G League Playoffs - Delaware Blue Coats
- Spurs Host Watch Party in Austin for Final Regular Season Game - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.