Chicago Steel Selected to Play in Inaugural Frosty Cup
GENEVA, ILLINOIS - In conjunction with the Dallas Stars, the United States Hockey League announced Monday the inaugural USHL Frosty Cup featuring the Chicago Steel and Green Bay Gamblers, a showcase event centered around the 2020 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas.
Chicago and Green Bay will play a pair of regular season games in back-to-back nights for the first USHL games of the New Year, starting on Thurs., Jan 2 with a game at Comerica Center (7:30 pm CT).
The highlight of the 2020 USHL Frosty Cup will be an outdoor game on Fri., Jan. 3 with a 5:00 pm CT puck drop at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, the site of the 2020 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic between the Dallas Stars and Nashville Predators on New Year's Day.
"We are thrilled to represent the USHL in the inaugural Frosty Cup in Dallas," said Steel President Dan Lehv. "We would like to thank the Dallas Stars and the USHL for inviting us to participate in such an exciting event and the Green Bay Gamblers for their partnership in coordinating logistics. Our players are really looking forward to this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play at such a historic venue while showcasing our outstanding league."
The Gamblers will serve as the home team on Jan. 2 while the Steel will serve as the home team for the outdoor game the following evening. Tickets will be made available to the public for both games and will be announced soon.
This event marks the second time USHL teams will take to the ice outdoors after the Omaha Lancers and Lincoln Stars squared off at TD Ameritrade Ballpark in Omaha on Feb. 9, 2013.
In addition, the event will feature a youth tournament comprised of teams competing at the 14U, 15U, 16U and 18U levels. All USHL Frosty Cup youth tournament games will be played at the Stars Ice Centers, including Comerica Center, Children's Health StarCenter McKinney, Children's Health StarCenter Plano, and Children's Health StarCenter Richardson.
Chicago Steel games may be heard on Mixlr at http://mixlr.com/chicago-steel/ (AUDIO) and video may be streamed on available devices through HockeyTV at www.hockeytv.com.
Chicago Steel Upcoming Games:
Friday, December 6 vs. Cedar Rapids RoughRiders 7:05 pm (Steel in Space)
Saturday, December 7 at Cedar Rapids RoughRiders 7:05 pm
Friday, December 13 vs. Tri-City Storm 7:05 pm (Superstition Night)
For more information and to purchase Steel tickets, call 855-51-STEEL or visit ChicagoSteelHockeyTeam.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2019
- $16.50 Campaign Helps the Larrabee Center - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Gamblers Headed to Dallas to Play Outdoors - Green Bay Gamblers
- Musketeers Acquire Connor Androlewicz from Maine During International Competitions - Sioux City Musketeers
- Chicago Steel Selected to Play in Inaugural Frosty Cup - Chicago Steel
- Inaugural USHL Frosty Cup Scheduled for January - USHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Steel Stories
- Steel Fall To Cedar Rapids 7-3 Sunday
- Chicago Falls 5-2 To Cedar Rapids As Win Streak Ends
- Brendan Brisson Named USHL Forward of the Week
- Weekly Preview: Mascots Invade Geneva this Sunday to Celebrate Rusty's Birthday
- Bryan Bickell Headlines Chicago Blackhawks Night