Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 21-27
CHICAGO (Sept. 20, 2020) - Chicago Fire FC will host back-to-back home games at Soldier Field this week, facing off against Houston Dynamo on Wednesday, Sept. 23, and Atlanta United FC on Sunday, Sept. 27. Both matches will begin at 6:30 p.m. CT and will be broadcast live on WGN-TV and ESPN+ and transmitted locally in Spanish on 1200AM TUDN. Pregame shows, presented by CIBC, will begin at 6:15 p.m. CT on ESPN+.
Wednesday's match will be the first time the Fire (2-7-3, 9 points) face the Houston Dynamo (3-3-6, 15 points) in 2020. Forward Darwin Quintero, acquired in a November 2019 trade with Minnesota United FC, leads Houston in both goals (5) and assists (6). The Fire has an all-time 7-10-8 record against the Dynamo. The two teams last faced off on Aug. 3, 2019, in a 1-0 Fire victory at BBVA Stadium in Houston.
Four days later the Fire will host Atlanta United FC (3-7-2, 11 points). Midfielder Ezequiel Barco is tied for most goals (2) and leads Atlanta in assists (3). Atlanta United Technical Director Carlos Bocanegra was named to the 2020 National Soccer Hall of Fame Induction Class. Bocanegra's 15-year professional career began as MLS Rookie of the Year with the Chicago Fire in 2000. He'd go on to make 122 appearances for the Club across all competitions from 2000-03, along the way winning MLS Defender of the Year in 2002 and 2003, being named to the MLS All-Star Team twice, and hoisting the 2000 and 2003 U.S. Open Cup Titles. The Fire has an all-time 2-4-0 record against Atlanta.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 20, 2020
- New Home No Help to Impact - Montreal Impact
- Kacper Przybylko records second brace of the season; Union move into second place in Eastern Conference - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 21-27 - Chicago Fire
- Youth and Resilience Play Major Role in Big Road Win in Los Angeles - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Earn 6-1 Road Win over San Jose Earthquakes - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Downed by Colorado Rapids - LA Galaxy
- Carlos Fierro scores first MLS goal in loss to Portland - San Jose Earthquakes
- 10-Man Real Salt Lake Drops 2-1 Result to Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Real Salt Lake
- Surging 'Caps open road stretch with second consecutive win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Successfully Appeal Defender Francisco Calvo's Suspension
- 10-Man Chicago Fire Narrowly Falls 2-1 to Philadelphia Union at Subaru Park
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 26 Ã¢ÂÂ November 1
- Chicago Fire FC Extend Home Unbeaten Streak to Six Games, Draw New York Red Bulls 2-2
- Chicago Fire FC Away Match against Minnesota United FC Rescheduled to November 4