New Home No Help to Impact
HARRISON, New Jersey - The Montreal Impact lost 4-1 against the Philadelphia Union on Sunday night, at the Red Bull Arena. Romell Quioto scored the only goal for Montreal, but then got a red card in the 16th minute. The Montreal Impact will play its next game this Wednesday at 5pm EDT (TVA Sports, 98,5, TSN 690) against the New England Revolution, at Gillette Stadium, in Foxborough, Massachusetts.
Defender Karifa Yao played his first MLS game with the Impact.
Midfielder Saphir TaÃ¯der got his 75th MLS start with the Impact.
MTL - Romell Quioto 5'
PHI - Alejandro Bedoya (Wooten, Real) 22'
PHI - Kacper Przybylko (Real, Monteiro) 45'+3'
PHI - Kacper Przybylko (Aaronsen, McKenzie) 47'
PHI - Fontana (McKenzie) 65'
PHI - Andre Blake 28'
MTL - Romell Quioto 16'
MTL - Gk-Clément Diop; D-Jukka Raitala, Luis Binks, Joel Waterman (Karifa Yao 53'), Zachary Brault-Guillard; M-Victor Wanyama, Samuel Piette, Saphir TaÃ¯der; F-Bojan (Lassi Lappalainen 60'), Orji Okwonkwo (Jorge Corrales 75'), Romell Quioto
Subs not used: Evan Bush, Rod Fanni, Amar Sejdic, Clément Bayiha, Shamit Shome
PHI - Gk-Andre Blake; D-Olivier Mbaizo, Jakob Glesnes, Mark McKenzie, Matt Real; M-Alejandro Bedoya (Cole Turner 87'), Warren Creavalle (Anthony Fontana MT), Jamiro Monteiro, Brendan Aaronson (Jack De Vries 87'); F-Andrew Wooten (Ilsinho 64'), Kacper Przybylko (Sergio Santos 72')
Subs not used: Joe Bendik, Aurélien Collin, Raymon Gaddis, Michee Ngalina
"Romell didn't control himself. We had to fight with 10 players again and it cost us. It's our fourth game in 10 days and the last two we played with 10 men. The schedule is tight and it won't be easy. For most of the game we tried to see if we could come back to the score. I made Karifa enter the game to see something with the New England game in mind."
"I was nervous at the beginning. I have been training well for a while. I was expecting to be subbed-in eventually, and I prepared myself accordingly. The coach told me to be ready, and I have been working hard to make that moment happen. He told me to relax, to play just the same way I do during training and to have fun."
"We received three red cards in the last three games so it makes the game really difficult. We are all in the game and have feelings and everything, but it can't happen. We started very well and with that card it made our life very complicated. But even with that, we defended poorly."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 20, 2020
- New Home No Help to Impact - Club de Foot Montreal
- Kacper Przybylko records second brace of the season; Union move into second place in Eastern Conference - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 21-27 - Chicago Fire
- Youth and Resilience Play Major Role in Big Road Win in Los Angeles - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Earn 6-1 Road Win over San Jose Earthquakes - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Downed by Colorado Rapids - LA Galaxy
- Carlos Fierro scores first MLS goal in loss to Portland - San Jose Earthquakes
- 10-Man Real Salt Lake Drops 2-1 Result to Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Real Salt Lake
- Surging 'Caps open road stretch with second consecutive win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.