Chicago Fire FC Successfully Appeal Defender Francisco Calvo's Suspension
CHICAGO - As a result of the Chicago Fire's appeal, an Independent Review Panel, consisting of one representative from the U.S. Soccer Federation, one representative from the Canadian Soccer Association and one independent representative nominated by the Professional Referee Organization, has unanimously rescinded the one-game suspension and accompanying fine for the red card defender Francisco Calvo received in the 37th minute of Chicago's match against the Philadelphia Union on Wednesday.
Calvo is now eligible to play in the Fire's next regular season game against Nashville SC on Saturday, Oct. 31.
Each club is entitled to two unsuccessful appeals per season, including the MLS Cup Playoffs. Since Chicago's appeal was successful, the club maintains its two unsuccessful appeals for any future red cards in the 2020 season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 30, 2020
- Colorado Rapids vs Seattle Sounders FC Preview: November 1, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Who to Cheer for in Week 22 to Increase the Rapids' Playoff Hopes - Colorado Rapids
- What to Watch for as Playoff-Bound Nashville SC Hosts Chicago Fire FC - Nashville SC
- Colorado Rapids vs Seattle Sounders FC: Keys to the Match: November 1, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Matuidi's Experience to Guide Team in High-Stakes Match - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Orlando City Close Away Slate against Desperate Impact - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Successfully Appeal Defender Francisco Calvo's Suspension - Chicago Fire
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Close Two-Game Road Trip in Frisco - Houston Dynamo
- Esports Entertainment Group and Philadelphia Union Announce Official Esports Tournament Provider - Philadelphia Union
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Toronto FC on Sunday - Inter Miami CF
- #FCDvHOU: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- LAFC Confirms Two Additional Positive COVID-19 Cases - Los Angeles FC
- MLS to Celebrate Historic Stars with the 25 Greatest Presented by AT&T - MLS
- Fan Appreciation Week is Here - Colorado Rapids
- 2020 Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl to be Played on December 19 on ESPN - FC Dallas
- MNUFC Acquire Sam Gleadle, Foster Langsdorf, Kevin Partida from Reno 1868 FC - Minnesota United FC
- Inter Miami Unveils MLS End of Year Award Nominations - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 21-Year-Old Defender Jhon Espinoza
- Robert Beric and Mauricio Pineda Announced as 2020 Chicago Fire FC Award Winners
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 20-Year-Old Nigerian Striker Chinonso Offor
- Chicago Fire FC Homegrown Goalkeeper Chris Brady Named USL League One Young Player of the Year
- Chicago Fire FC Exercise 2021 Contract Options on Four Players