MNUFC Acquire Sam Gleadle, Foster Langsdorf, Kevin Partida from Reno 1868 FC
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United announced today that the club has acquired midfielder Sam Gleadle, forward Foster Langsdorf and midfielder Kevin Partida. All three players will be available for competition upon completion of any mandatory quarantine period under local government and MLS health and safety protocols. These deals were completed ahead of the close of the Secondary Transfer Window on Oct. 30.
Gleadle joins Minnesota after two seasons with USL Championship side Reno 1868 FC. The English international has a green card and will not occupy an international roster spot. The 24-year-old has 43 total game appearances for Reno, including two USL Championship playoff appearances in 2020. He earned Reno's Young Player of the Year honor after a 2019 breakout season where he scored five goals and notched four assists in 27 game appearances. In his two seasons with Reno 1868 FC, Gleadle has seven goals and seven assists across 3,215 minutes. Before joining Reno, Gleadle played for USL League 2 team Albuquerque Sol FC after graduating from the University of New Mexico in 2017 where he was a four-year starter.
Oregon-native Langsdorf joins the Loons after one with season with Reno where he played 18 games and scored 11 goals during the 2020 season. Langsdorf is a product of the Portland Timbers Academy and signed a homegrown contract with the Timbers in January of 2018. The majority of his professional career was with Portland Timbers II, where he made 57 game appearances, notching 22 goals and 15 assists. He made his Portland Timbers debut against San Jose Earthquakes in a fourth-round Open Cup match in June, 2018. A Stanford University graduate, he helped lead the Cardinals to three straight NCAA National Championships and four straight Pac-12 titles.
Partida joins MNUFC after three seasons with Reno. The 25-year-old Nevada native has 41 game appearances with Reno, notching five goals, including two in the 2020 USL Championship Playoffs, and three assists. Originally selected 58th overall in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft by San Jose Earthquakes, Partida made his MLS debut with San Jose on June 9, 2018 against LAFC. He played a total of five games for San Jose during the 2018 and 2019 seasons. In 2019, his hometown of Sparks, Nevada, designated June 1 Partida Day.
Transaction: Minnesota United acquire midfielder Sam Gleadle, forward Foster Langsdorf and midfielder Kevin Partida.
Born: 03.20.1996 (24 years old)
Weight: 155 lbs.
Hometown: Chichester, United Kingdom
Born: 12.04.1995 (24 years old)
Weight: 165 lbs.
Hometown: Portland, Oregon
Born: 03.10.1995 (25 years old)
Weight: 142 lbs.
Hometown: Sparks, Nevada
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 30, 2020
- Colorado Rapids vs Seattle Sounders FC Preview: November 1, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Who to Cheer for in Week 22 to Increase the Rapids' Playoff Hopes - Colorado Rapids
- What to Watch for as Playoff-Bound Nashville SC Hosts Chicago Fire FC - Nashville SC
- Colorado Rapids vs Seattle Sounders FC: Keys to the Match: November 1, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Matuidi's Experience to Guide Team in High-Stakes Match - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Orlando City Close Away Slate against Desperate Impact - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Successfully Appeal Defender Francisco Calvo's Suspension - Chicago Fire
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Close Two-Game Road Trip in Frisco - Houston Dynamo
- Esports Entertainment Group and Philadelphia Union Announce Official Esports Tournament Provider - Philadelphia Union
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Toronto FC on Sunday - Inter Miami CF
- #FCDvHOU: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- LAFC Confirms Two Additional Positive COVID-19 Cases - Los Angeles FC
- MLS to Celebrate Historic Stars with the 25 Greatest Presented by AT&T - MLS
- Fan Appreciation Week is Here - Colorado Rapids
- 2020 Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl to be Played on December 19 on ESPN - FC Dallas
- MNUFC Acquire Sam Gleadle, Foster Langsdorf, Kevin Partida from Reno 1868 FC - Minnesota United FC
- Inter Miami Unveils MLS End of Year Award Nominations - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Loons Head to Sporting Kansas City December 2 for Conference Semifinals
- Loons Win First MLS Playoff Game
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview
- Loons Host Colorado Rapids in Round One of 2020 Playoffs
- MNUFC Midfielder Kevin Molino Voted MLS Player of the Week