Chicago Fire FC Sign Academy Product Allan Rodriguez
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC announced today that the Club has signed Academy midfielder Allan RodrÃguez to a Homegrown contract. RodrÃguez, 15, is the 20th Homegrown signing in Club history. He is under contract with the Fire until 2023 with a Club option for 2024.
"The signing of Allan proves the success of the Academy program under the leadership of Cedric Cattenoy and Brian Roberts," said Head Coach Raphael Wicky. "The Academy recognized the talent that Allan possesses and have been able to develop him to this point as he earns a Homegrown contract. We're excited to welcome Allan to the first team."
Identified by the Indiana Fire Academy scouting staff, including Indiana Fire Academy Technical Director Phil Presser, RodrÃguez joined the Indiana Fire in the fall of 2017. In January 2019, RodrÃguez transferred to the Chicago Fire Academy in order to develop his talents through the resources available in Chicago. In 21 appearances (15 starts) for the Academy, he's provided one goal and one assist.
"We're excited for Allan and his family as he has shown he has the tools to perform at an optimal level both on and off the field," said Presser. "Our close relationship with Chicago afforded this opportunity and we appreciate what they've done for Allan's continued growth in the game."
Within just a few months of joining the Fire Academy and receiving exposure through the Development Academy, RodrÃguez was called into his first U.S. Youth National Team camp. The midfielder ended his 2019 season by captaining the U.S. U-15s to first place in Group B in the Concacaf Boys' U-15 Championship, where they eventually fell in the semifinals to tournament host Portugal.
"Allan has grown a tremendous amount since joining the Fire Academy and we are all proud to see his efforts lead him to a Homegrown contract," said Chicago Fire FC Academy Technical Director Cedric Cattenoy. "He knows there is a ton of work ahead of him, but I know he is more than capable of handling the job at the professional level. Credit to all the Academy staff that have been involved in his development to lead him to this point."
Transaction: Chicago Fire Football Club signs Allan RodrÃguez as a Homegrown Player on March 25, 2020.
Name: Allan RodrÃguez
Weight: 153 lbs.
Date of Birth: May 27, 2004
Birthplace: Elkhart, Ind.
Citizenship: United States of America
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 25, 2020
- Classic Earthquakes Matches to Air on NBC Sports Bay Area and NBC Sports California - San Jose Earthquakes
- Rave Green Establish Seattle Sounders FC Relief Fund in the Fight against COVID-19 - Seattle Sounders FC
- More Classic FC Cincinnati Games Return to WSTR Star64 on Saturday - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union Debut "Union Classic" - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Sign Academy Product Allan Rodriguez - Chicago Fire
- Major League Soccer Training Moratorium Continues Through April 3 - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- 10-Man Chicago Fire Narrowly Falls 2-1 to Philadelphia Union at Subaru Park
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 26 Ã¢ÂÂ November 1
- Chicago Fire FC Extend Home Unbeaten Streak to Six Games, Draw New York Red Bulls 2-2
- Chicago Fire FC Away Match against Minnesota United FC Rescheduled to November 4
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 19-25