Charge Drop Back-And-Forth Affair to Kings
CANTON, OH - The Canton Charge (18-27), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, fell to the Stockton Kings (28-18), 115-110, in a hard-fought bout at the Canton Memorial Civic Center Tuesday evening. With tonight's victory, the Kings clinched a playoff berth in the NBA G League Western Conference.
Playing in their third home game in the last four days, the Charge showed no signs of fatigue with six-of-eight players scoring in double figures. The starting frontcourt of Levi Randolph, Jaron Blossomgame and JaCorey Williams each recorded a double-double for the Wine and Gold. Williams led all scorers with 24 points and 10 rebounds, notching his second consecutive double-double. Blossomgame followed suit, recording his second consecutive double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds in 39 minutes of action. Levi Randolph registered his first double-double of the season with 11 points and a season-high 10 rebounds. In his third start of the season, guard Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman scored a career-high 17 points on 5-of-10 shooting along with six steals in 36 minutes. Averaging 18.9 points over his last seven contests, reserve guard Malik Newman continued his scoring barrage off of the bench, netting 21 points on 50% shooting from the field.
Lima, OH native and University of Findlay product Taren Sullivan returned to the Buckeye state with a 21-and-10 double-double in 33 minutes. Sullivan scored the first five points of the game for the Kings, including a highlight-reel alley-oop. Sullivan came out of the halftime break with the same aggressive mentality, scoring nine of the Kings' first 11 points to jump out to an eight point lead. Sacramento Kings Two-Way forward Troy Williams scored 22 points off of the bench in 27 minutes of relief. Cody Demps led the Kings with 23 points on 10-of-16 shooting from the field. Reserve center Daniel Ochefu was ejected at the 4:46 mark of the fourth quarter for earning his second technical of the evening.
Despite being down as many as 15 late in the third quarter, the Charge rallied back to cut the lead to two points with 24 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter after two successful Adbur-Rahkman free-throws. The Kings went 3-for-4 from the charity stripe in the remaining seconds to close out the Charge.
Entering the evening six games back of Grand Rapids for the final playoff spot with six games to go, tonight's defeat eliminates the Charge from playoff contention.
The Charge travel north of the border to take on the Raptors 905 at Scotiabank Arena, home of the Toronto Raptors, this Thursday at 12PM (TV: ESPN+; RADIO: 99.7 FM). For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 12, 2019
- Vipers Fall at Home to Salt Lake City - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Charge Drop Back-And-Forth Affair to Kings - Canton Charge
- Stockton Kings Clinch Playoff Spot - Stockton Kings
- Jeremy Lin Joins Danny Green on His Podcast to Relive the D-League Grind - Stockton Kings
- Wisconsin Herd Teams up with Bergstrom Automotive to Support Make-A-Wish Wisconsin - Wisconsin Herd
- Wizards Assign Chasson Randle to Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Red Claws Add Maverick Rowan - Maine Red Claws
- Dailymotion and NBA G League Announce Video Player Technology & Content Distribution Deal - G League
- Alize Johnson's Double-Double Not Enough at Raptors 905 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Hustle Fight off Surge from Sioux Falls, Earn Another Big Win - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Herd Falls to Lakers Down the Stretch - Wisconsin Herd
- Hustle Fight off Surge from Sioux Falls, Earn Another Big Win - Memphis Hustle
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Charge Stories
- Canton Charge Statement on 2020-21 NBA G League Season
- Cavaliers Waive Three Players, Convert Marques Bolden to Two-Way Contract and Sign Norvel Pelle
- Three Charge Alums Added to Cavaliers Training Camp Roster
- Cavaliers Sign Lamar Stevens to Two-Way Contract
- Cavs, Monsters & Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement