Dailymotion and NBA G League Announce Video Player Technology & Content Distribution Deal
March 12, 2019 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
NEW YORK - Dailymotion, the leading destination for video discovery and exploration, has announced a multiyear partnership with the NBA G League, the NBA's official minor league. Through the partnership, Dailymotion's advanced technology will be used as the NBA G League's primary video player to host and stream video on demand content on all its owned and operated properties. Additionally, the NBA G League will distribute content from more than 1,300 games over the course of two seasons on Dailymotion, reaching an audience of 250 million sports fans worldwide (excluding greater China) on the platform.
Currently in its 18th season, the NBA G League features 27 teams with direct affiliations with NBA franchises. An all-time-high 53 percent of all NBA players at the end of the 2017-18 season boasted NBA G League expertise, proving the league's value as the developer of elite professional basketball talent. Dailymotion's video player technology will allow the NBA G League to reach more sports fans and develop new audiences within Dailymotion's dynamic ecosystem. Through Dailymotion's hyper-personalized recommendation engine, the NBA G League's content will be targeted to fans based on their unique preferences and interests in an effort to create a more engaged and loyal following.
"As the NBA G League gets closer to achieving its goal of a 30-team league, the attention that the league is receiving from coaches, players, team executives - and most importantly basketball fans - continues to reach new heights," said NBA G League President Shareef Abdur-Rahim. "Through this new partnership with Dailymotion and its commitment to providing premium content to its audiences, the NBA G League will be able to expand its footprint both domestically and around the globe."
"At Dailymotion, we're dedicated to surfacing premium, relevant content from prominent global partners like NBA G League," added Dailymotion Chairman & CEO, Maxime Saada. "We're excited to launch this partnership and support NBA G League as they continue to drive awareness and expand their reach to new audiences globally."
Through previous partnerships with Stadium, CBS and Fox Deportes, Dailymotion has increased its premium audience by 52 percent, with loyalty increasing to eight views per session over the past 18 months. Collaborating with the NBA G League will further accelerate Dailymotion's commitment to becoming the home for videos that matter to the world's biggest sports fans.
"Dailymotion's sports vertical has some of the most dedicated and passionate fans on our platform," said Jolie Roberts, Head of U.S. Sports Partnerships and Content Development at Dailymotion. "As we continue to expand our content offering in this area, it's paramount to align ourselves with global partners like the NBA G League, who are dedicated to audience growth among diehard and casual fans alike."
For more information about Dailymotion visit: https://www.Dailymotion.com/us/about. For more insight on the NBA G League, visit: https://gleague.nba.com/about/.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 12, 2019
- Vipers Fall at Home to Salt Lake City - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Charge Drop Back-And-Forth Affair to Kings - Canton Charge
- Stockton Kings Clinch Playoff Spot - Stockton Kings
- Jeremy Lin Joins Danny Green on His Podcast to Relive the D-League Grind - Stockton Kings
- Wisconsin Herd Teams up with Bergstrom Automotive to Support Make-A-Wish Wisconsin - Wisconsin Herd
- Wizards Assign Chasson Randle to Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Red Claws Add Maverick Rowan - Maine Red Claws
- Dailymotion and NBA G League Announce Video Player Technology & Content Distribution Deal - G League
- Alize Johnson's Double-Double Not Enough at Raptors 905 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Hustle Fight off Surge from Sioux Falls, Earn Another Big Win - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Herd Falls to Lakers Down the Stretch - Wisconsin Herd
- Hustle Fight off Surge from Sioux Falls, Earn Another Big Win - Memphis Hustle
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.